1st Trimester

BFP then few days later BFN (vitex related?)

Hi ladies!

I haven't posted on these boards since my son was born 2.5 years ago. We are trying for #2 and having a little bit of trouble. I tried taking vitex this cycle -- started taking it right after finishing my last period. I confirmed ovulation using an ovulation test and BBT. Last Saturday, at 12 dpo, I got a very faint positive pregnancy test! I stopped taking the vitex since it's not supposed to be taken during pregnancy. 2 days later I still had a very faint positive test. But then this morning, at 17 dpo, the test I took was negative :( I am not bleeding or cramping, I still am feeling pregnancy symptoms (metallic taste, tender breasts, tired, uneasy stomach). Anyone else experience anything like this, vitex or not?

I've read a few things online today saying vitex can delay a positive pregnancy test, so I'm hoping I'm still pregnant but am feeling nervous. I'm going to buy a different brand of test and try again tomorrow.

Pregnancy Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: BFP then few days later BFN (vitex related?)

• I know nothing about vitex, but a positive pregnancy test followed by a negative one can be indicative of a chemical pregnancy. I hope that's not the case for you, but something to consider. Also, were the positive tests pink dye or blue dye tests. Blue dye tests are notoriously unreliable. Best of luck to you. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks for the good wishes. I'm anxious about taking another test tomorrow to see what it says. I was using the pink dye strip tests from early-pregnancy-tests.com. They are pretty cheap, so maybe not the most reliable.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I dont know anything about vitex- but I know that false negatives can happen (and are much more common than a false positive. My story is - I took two digital clear blue easy tests that both said positive... I didn't believe it and was convinced that the tests were expired so I made my sister go get me another pack of tests. She got me the cheap ones from Walmart (2 pack) I took both, one was negative and one was positive. I took them at the same exact time with the same urine. My advice is go get a digital read out test - they are a little more money, but worth it. Good luck to you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Just an update for anyone who stumbles upon this post from yesterday. I took another pregnancy test this morning -- this time using First Response brand -- and it was definitely positive, clear as a bell.

However, I started bleeding some red blood today, so I may still be in trouble (hoping and praying the bleeding clears up). I'm getting blood work done today and again in two days so they can see if/how much my hcg levels are going up.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Unfortunately I ended up miscarrying. I was 4 weeks, 4 days when I started bleeding. The blood test I did on Friday said only 11 HCG, and today's blood test (two days later) showed only 4. I don't think the fact that I miscarried had anything to do with taking vitex, but I'm choosing not to take it anymore because I don't think it helped me either.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"