Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Zoo talkers or Disney Princess Castle?

We don't really have a "playset" in our house yet. I was thinking of buying one that DD1 (almost 3) could play with now and DD2 (8 mo) would grow into. I have heard great things about both the Fisher price zoo talkers and the Disney Princess Castle. They are about the same price so that doesn't help me decide. Part of me says that DD1 is really into princesses right now and that I have two girls (and probably done) so I should go with the princess castle. The other part of me would rather avoid the licensed character thing and go with the zoo talkers. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Zoo talkers or Disney Princess Castle?

• Options

I have yet to find a Little People play set my kids don't love. We have Noah's Ark, the Nativity, A-Z Zoo, and Ariel's Coach. For Christmas the girls are getting the Princess Castle.

I don't know much about the Zoo Talkers set, but based on our experience with Little People, I don't think you can go wrong either way. If I were choosing between the two, I would probably go for the Castle just because like you, my DD1 is very into princesses right now and I just love the idea of getting the girls their first dollhouse, even if it is feeding the licensed character thing :) 

Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

My girls like all the Little People sets we have.  Mine like the zoo animals, but don't play with the actual set all that much.  DD1 loves the Little People house and I bought DD2 the castle and Little Mermaids carriage for her birthday. 

photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My DD got her Zoo Talkers last Chrismas and she is still playing with it!! Every once in a while I get her a new animal and she gets so excited she has to run and see what it sounds like.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

My son LOVES his zoo talkers! There are so many cool things that can be bought later on to add to it! He plays with it everyday! We got it for him last year for his 1st birthday and he still loves it! 

We have also purchased the safari truck and the train that are on the zoo talkers line. 

I will give you one tip, buy the animal gift sets online on the fisher price website. You can buy bundles of 6 animals for $15. If you want to keep them back and just give one at random times, it is a lot cheaper! We have probably spent over $50 on the animals we have for our son as most of the stores we get the individual animals at have sold them for $4 - $7.. We have almost everyone now and it adds up! 

They have come out with lil animal family sets that include 3 animals, books that come with one animal, and so many more cool things that go with the zoo talkers set it blows my mind lol!  

• Options

Between Christmas and both birthdays in Jan/Feb. Maybe I should be on the lookout for good deals on both.

• Options
    If you're thinking about getting a dollhouse at any time, I would go with the zoo talkers.  We are all about princesses in this house right now, especially the Disney ones, and I've opted to skip the castle since we already have a dollhouse that gets frequent play.  At the same time, both of my girls would rather play with people than animals (we have the LP house, farm and zoo). IMO, girls outgrow playing with animals before they outgrow playing with people. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
                             Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

DD has the princess castle and it's great!  We got her the extra princesses for Christmas and I just noticed that Walmart has a set with Snow white and the dwarfs!  

Like a previous poster, I don't think that you can go wrong with any of the Little People sets.  

I can't remember if it was the Walmart or Target black friday ad, but I'm pretty sure that I saw a good deal on the castle...

January siggy challenge: winter weather fails

• Options
    i'm not familiar wiht the Zoo talkers but we have the Fisher Price Disney Princess Castle and my girl LOVED it at first. she really did. but hasn't touched it since. she prefers coloring and playing in her kitchen.
    click the pic (blog)
  • Options
    If DD didn't already have the Little People Smart Sounds House (I think that is what it's called) I would be getting her the Princess castle for sure. I might get her the Cinderella coach though.

• Options

We have both (and every other little people toy) 

they love the animals but never play with the actual zoo. The house is a HUGE hit with both of them and played a lot.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    FYI - the castle is a b!tch to put together! 
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I have a 2 year old son...but we have both because I hosted a Fisher Price playdate and obtained the castle through it. LOL. He LOVES both. We got him the zoo last Christmas and it is played with EVERY day...the castle joined us in October and he also plays with it. The princesses sing and talk and he just loves putting the animals in the castle and the princesses in the zoo. You really can't go wrong with either, in my opinion. There are some good sales on little people items at Kmart black friday...they are bogo 1/2 off and the castle is 34.99 at Toys R Us. Good Luck!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"