November 2012 Moms

Aw moment with my father

My father does not show a lot of emotions. He usually expresses his frustration more than excitement. He has not mentioned much of his soon to be grandson my SIL just had the first grandchild last week. My mother is over the moon thrilled and already told me she would be watching DS when I go back to work.

So a few weeks ago, I was on the phone with my mom. My father chirps in from the background asking if my hospital bag was packed. He has been watching 'A Baby Story' with my mom. I started laughing. Never thought my father would think about that nor watch 'A Baby Story'.

My parents have two houses. One ten minutes away from my house, the other is a lake home an hour away. Since my parents are retired they randomly travel back and forth. As of Monday, they were supposed to head back to the lake. I found out today that my father will not let my mother go out to the lakehome in case anything happens. He also told my mom he doesn't want to travel too far away from home in case I go into labor at work. He does not want me to drive myself the 15 minutes down the rode to the hospital. He wants to be available in case I need him to drive.

I can't help but laugh at how protective my father is being. I'm getting the feeling he is more excited than what he is letting on.

Re: Aw moment with my father

• Aww, that's sweet.
    My dad is a pretty reserved guy. Nice, but quiet.
    He had a 30 minute knee operation yesterday and my mom said the first thing he did when he came out of anasthesia was ask if I was having the baby yet.
    He was worried he wouldn't be there when I delivered to see his grandaugher.
    :)
    "Where you invest your love, you invest your life." Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker <a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="Home D
  • Very sweet.

But I wouldn't drive myself to the hospital if I'm in labor... and we only live 10 minutes away. I'd call DH, or my mom, or an ambulance as a last resort. But I would not want to be driving during a contraction. Just had to throw that out there.
  • Loading the player...
  • Jealous Jessie here.....I would love to go through this whole experience with my Dad.  He passed away right after I graduated high school in 2000 with cancer and I miss him so much right now.  Had myself a cry yesterday watching an episode of A Baby Story with the woman's father so excited to see his daughter and grand baby he ran down the hallway in the hospital to her room.  So sweet though to read you guys' stories though, thank you.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"