Philadelphia Babies

Lankenau or HUP? OBGYN

My PCP doctor (Rittenhouse Women's Wellness Center), recommended an OBGYN at Lankenau and told me about the Towers at Penn for HUP.

Has anyone delivered there before or is currently being seen there?  This is my second pregnancy, I'm only 5 weeks in.  My soon to be 9 year old was born at Jefferson, but I'd like Lankenau or HUP.

My goal (if possible) is to see the same doctor each time I go, or at least if it's a group of them to see the same faces to develop some kind of relationship.  With Jefferson my doctors switched a lot and I didn't like that.

I just figure HUP is extra extra busy because of the inner city location.  Lankenau is close but I've never been there besides visiting patients before.

Just looking for some suggestions.  Thanks in advance Ladies.

-Niesha
Mom of a Princess, Wife of a King! Nervously Expecting! :)BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Lankenau or HUP? OBGYN

• I was seeing an OB at Lankenau. I went to the practice of Dr. Bailey. I did not deliver as I m/c. However, there are two Dr. Bailey and Dr. Monzo. I org started w/Dr. Monzo but I didnt like her. Once I wanted to transfer my record to Jefferson (I used them prior for my yearly gyn visits) they did everything to keep me. I ended up seeing Dr. Bailey for my procedure and he even called me yesterday to give me the reason on why I m/c and said he hopes I have closure. he is great and in fact I am going to keep him and my OBGYN.

I know someone who works in labor and del and she told me Dr. Ufberg is great as well. Good luck and I hope you find and OB ASAP

• I delivered at Lankenau 10 months ago.  I had a great experience.  I saw Dr. Heinzel and Dr. Lavern at Main Line OB/GYN (offices in Broomal).  They are the only Drs in the practice.  Loved them both. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks Ladies this helped a lot.

I called both hospitals to schedule an appointment and was only able to contact Lankenau and they were very very nice.  I got a good feeling so far and hope that says a lot.

On the other hand, HUP is not the hospital for me.  I wasn't able to talk to anyone live and then today, my doctor said I needed a size and date ultrasound and I called to get one scheduled and the people were not helpful, especially the one at the front desk.

THank you so much.  I

-Niesha
    Mom of a Princess, Wife of a King! Nervously Expecting! :)BabyFetus Ticker
  • I had a C-section at Lankenau 4 months ago and had a FANTASTIC experience. LOVE my Dr., Dr. Peden. There are 5 docs in the practice, and you see all of them, and they are all great, I would've been comfortable with any of them delivering my son. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Just FYI. All the docs at lankenau cover each other too. 3 of my friends delivered there and 2 didn't even have a doc from their practice. They have a system where there is 1 in house attending physician at night similar to what they said above about HUP. I think lank is a great place I just wanted you to have all the info. 

Good luck! 

• I LOVE my practice at Lankenau. It is Drs. Peden, Finnegan, Belden, McConnell and Keegan. All of them are very sweet. What I have found to be great is that all of the staff I speak to on the phone are very kind and all of my calls to the nurse's line have been returned within 2 hours. All of my friends who have delivered at Lankenau have been more than happy with the care there, and everyone gets their own private room!
    PCOS & ute crew member
    BFP #1: 10/24/2012  EDD 7/3/13, missed m/c @ 9 weeks, D&E 
    DX: Septate Uterus. Septum resection 6/4/13
    BFP #2: 12/20/2013  EDD 9/1/14, missed m/c @ 7weeks, D&E
    BFP #3: 5/26/2014 EDD 2/7/15, missed m/c @ 9 weeks, D&E- DX Trisomy22
    RPL, Karyotyping, and SHG: All Normal
    BFP #4: 9/6/14 EDD 5/16/15 Praying for our RAINBOW!
    Baby GIRL on the way!!
    **All AL Welcome**

• imagebruinjamie21:
    I had a C-section at Lankenau 4 months ago and had a FANTASTIC experience. LOVE my Dr., Dr. Peden. There are 5 docs in the practice, and you see all of them, and they are all great, I would've been comfortable with any of them delivering my son. 

I am also currently seeing the Dr. Peden practice at Lank. I am due in 6 weeks.  

Anniversary

\

• I am currently being cared for at Lankenau (Women for Women) I really am enjoying my experience so far.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't think HUP is the place to go. I work there not in maternity but I've heard horrible stories.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"