July 2012 Moms
Options

XP: Apple Juice is upping my supply!!!

Reposting from Breastfeeding board... :o) Y'all, I couldn't believe how simple this was - it was so simple that it took a couple different trial and errors for me to actually believe it worked...I drank a couple cups of hot apple cider while tailgating in the cold for a football game last weekend. About 2 hours later while I was pumping, I pumped double what I normally pump! I didn't even link it to the apple cider until the other morning when I again got about 2 more ounces than usual and I had had hard apple cider the night before (that was the only thing out of the ordinary).I googled "apple juice and breast milk" and found only a few other message boards where moms basically said "am I crazy, or did apple juice just up my supply?"I've been mixing 1 part apple juice to 4 parts water all day everyday (to my normal water amount), and I get at least 1-2 ounces extra when I pump now! My boobs even feel full about 30 mins after I drink the juice/water mix. I am SO EXCITED!! I've tried EVERYTHING else to up my supply, and nothing else has made even a slight difference...who knew that apple juice was my saving grace?? :o
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: XP: Apple Juice is upping my supply!!!

• Options
    Hmm when I was still breast feeding I had oversupply and I drank tons of apple juice, wonder if that was my issue lol
  • Options
    Thanks for the tip dearie, I usually stick to a nice cup of tea bu I may have to drink some juice.
    "Hellooo"
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagechipmunk112511:

Woohoo!! Congrats, I am glad you found something that works :) Now if you had only posted this 5 weeks ago when I had to quit from low supply lol.

Btw urrggh we were at that game Tailgating as well!!! I need to put your number in my new phone for the nextime we come down that way Smile

Yeah, girl! I'm not sure if we're going to the next one..but get in touch and we'll try to meet up somewhere!

I hate that you had to quit, but I hope everything's going smoothly now. 

• Options
    imagechipmunk112511:

Woohoo!! Congrats, I am glad you found something that works :) Now if you had only posted this 5 weeks ago when I had to quit from low supply lol.

Btw urrggh we were at that game Tailgating as well!!! I need to put your number in my new phone for the nextime we come down that way Smile

Yeah, girl! I'm not sure if we're going to the next one..but get in touch and we'll try to meet up somewhere!

I hate that you had to quit, but I hope everything's going smoothly now. 

• Options
    imageroo1582:
    imagesummergirl1211:
    imageLaurski81:

Wow! That is awesome!

***Running to the store now to buy gallons of apple juice***

Yes, this! Thanks for the suggestion!

Same here! Are you drinking regular apple juice or are you sticking with the apple cider?  I just want to make sure I get the right stuff!!

I am drinking regular apple juice mixed with water during the day, and then Michelob Ultra "Lite Cider" at night before bed (yummy in a cup of ice!). The regular apple cider is only good to me when it's warmed up, and that's too many calories! :o

• Options

It tastes fine to me...I really really really love ice water, so it just adds a little flavoring. Plus apple juice has tons of sugar, and I'm trying to avoid that as much as I can ;o)

Also, Michelob Ultra has a new "Lite Cider" that's good and is only 120 calories compared to the 200 in Woodchuck and others like that.

Good luck, y'all!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"