May 2013 Moms

Fellow runners

I'm 13 wks pregnant and wake up around 2am every night feeling like I did 100 crunches befor bed. I run a few miles every night so I'm guessing its from that. Anyone else experience this? I don't want to only walk so early as I'm planning on running another half next Oct, 5 months after baby is born.  
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Fellow runners

• Also any suggestions for a great jogging stroller? I run a lot of gravel roads so need the best!!
  • I've been running throughout and haven't experienced what you're describing. I think the ab pain is common, with or without the running, because I know I've seen it from others here, too.
    Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
    Esri 5K 7.16.2014 - 21:30
    Heart Half Marathon 3.16.2014 - 1:43:30
    Canton City Marathon 9.8.14 - 3:30:56
  • Loading the player...
  • imagejerseygirl81:
    I've been running throughout and haven't experienced what you're describing. I think the ab pain is common, with or without the running, because I know I've seen it from others here, too.

my sister had the same but I think it's just them being so tight and my tummy is popping out pretty good the last few days. I love it!!!  

• imagerodgerse11:
    Also any suggestions for a great jogging stroller? I run a lot of gravel roads so need the best!!

I use a Baby Trend Expedition on gravel and it works great! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersimage
  • I am a runner, but like PP have not been experiencing any pain like that.  Sometimes when I'm laying in bed and try to move a funny way, my core pulls a little or something.  I'm thinking round ligament pain maybe, but not for sure.  I ran the entire pregnancy with my first and it seems like later on, close to my due date, I would get ab pain, but I think everything was just really tight in there. 

What half are you running??  I'm wanting to run the half in Chicago in July, but we'll see!  :) 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm reeeeeeeeeeeeeally hoping to run/walk a full the first week in May. It's the 15th anniversary of our local race and it's a BFD. At the very least, I'm planning to run/walk the half. We'll see how I'm feeling, I guess.
    Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
  • I've continued to run consistently as well as work out and strength train. I've noticed a pulling sensation and tightness in my abs. I don't think its from running or my workouts, I just assumed it was from all the changes going on with my body but who knows!
  • imagelindseyjane03:

I am a runner, but like PP have not been experiencing any pain like that.  Sometimes when I'm laying in bed and try to move a funny way, my core pulls a little or something.  I'm thinking round ligament pain maybe, but not for sure.  I ran the entire pregnancy with my first and it seems like later on, close to my due date, I would get ab pain, but I think everything was just really tight in there. 

What half are you running??  I'm wanting to run the half in Chicago in July, but we'll see!  :) 

i usually run the half in Fargo, ND in May but its the same as my due date..so thats out!! I will run their late one in Fargo in Oct though!! I live in SD so hard to train in snow and ice. I hate the treadmill by it gets m by 

• imagejerseygirl81:
    I'm reeeeeeeeeeeeeally hoping to run/walk a full the first week in May. It's the 15th anniversary of our local race and it's a BFD. At the very least, I'm planning to run/walk the half. We'll see how I'm feeling, I guess.

i

jealous!!! I live in South Dakota so hard to train in snow and ice. I have a treadmill but I can't stand more than six miles on it. I get bored even with the tv on!! Way to o you on th full...that's my goal after I'm done having children!  

• imageburkems:

imagerodgerse11:
    Also any suggestions for a great jogging stroller? I run a lot of gravel roads so need the best!!

im 5'4" an my husband is 6'6"...does it have an adjustable handle? 

• imagerodgerse11:
    imageburkems:

imagerodgerse11:

im 5'4" an my husband is 6'6"...does it have an adjustable handle? 

I have absolutely no idea, but for some reason I don't think so... I'm 5'4 and it works fine for me. I got it for $40 at a garage sale. My hubs is not a runner so he's never tried it. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersimage
  • I second this. We got one for under 100$ at Baby Depot without the carseat. Our Graco snapped in it perfectly though so we still went running with him in the infant seat. We don't really use it on gravel though, but my husband has run tons of halves with C.

We're headed to the Richmond Marathon today so DH can run his first full (running without C). I'm just a 5Ker for now.

About the pain, It sounds like RLP. I get a lot of hip pain now from running. It was actually one of my first clues that I was KU! Feel better.

EDIT: I'm 5'6 and DH is 6'2 and neither of us have a problem running with the BT.

• imagerodgerse11:

imagejerseygirl81:
    I'm reeeeeeeeeeeeeally hoping to run/walk a full the first week in May. It's the 15th anniversary of our local race and it's a BFD. At the very least, I'm planning to run/walk the half. We'll see how I'm feeling, I guess.

jealous!!! I live in South Dakota so hard to train in snow and ice. I have a treadmill but I can't stand more than six miles on it. I get bored even with the tv on!! Way to o you on th full...that's my goal after I'm done having children!  

You can totally do it! I got the go-ahead from my OB to start training for it in January, but it's all very dependent on how the pregnancy goes.

Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
  • I actually took a break from running and now just walk a lot instead. I'm going to check out the jogging stroller recommendation, though.  Once the baby is born, I plan on getting back into it!
    Mommy of 3 beautiful boys!
    image.
  • I never knew how much I would miss running... this most is making me very jealous! :-P
  • I'm jealous too, I ran a ton before I got pregnant and tried to keep it up but had a lot of pain and some spotting, so I was advised to switch to walking until the baby is born.  I still work out with my trainer but its not the same. 

We have a BOB jogging stroller, and I love it! They're a little pricey, but it has held up great and works really well.  My husband is 6'3 and he can use it just fine (although I am tall too, so I actually cannot say for sure how it would work for someone shorter).  (I realize thats not helpful) Smile

• I used to run, but I stopped because of some spotting. Now I'm thinking about starting back up. I've had the same feeling in my stomachs even without exercising, so I think it's just the regular stretching, so you should be ok with continuing to run!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"