May 2013 Moms

Kicked in stomach SCARED!

I was sitting on the edge of the couch and my mom was lying down. She moved her leg to get the blanket or something and ended up kicking me pretty hard right in the lower stomach.

I tried not to overreact but now I'm worried. I called the ER nurse who made me call my OB oncall, and when I told her what happened and asked if I should go to the ER, she laughed and said no, go to bed there is no pain or bleeding

Has this happened to anyone else? I am not going to be able to sleep I am so scared the baby was hurt.

Sorry for the missing punctuation I am on bump mobile

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Kicked in stomach SCARED!

• I haven't been in that situation, but I do have a coworker who told me - after I was worried about possible trauma from when I was rearended a few weeks ago - that when she was 7 months pregnant, she slipped and fell flat on her belly...was obviously worried sick...and the baby was fine. 

Baby is very well cushioned and protected in there!  

• My neighbors have a really rowdy large dog who likes to jump a lot. A few weeks ago I came over for a visit and wouldn't you know he ran and jumped both front feet full throttle into my lower abdomen. It hurt so terribly bad, I tried to laugh it off but I imagine it has to be something like being punched in the balls. Either way things turned out okay. No bleeding or cramping after the initial shock wore off. I'm sure you'll be fine. Just get some rest and take it easy tonight.
    TTC since 3/4/2010
    Me: PCOS, DH: normal
    Started seeing RE 11/10/2011
    8/31/2012 = BFP!!
    First Ultrasound... TRIPLETS! EDD 5/11/13
    Baby w/ no HB @ 10w4d - We love you angel baby.
    Baby A & B doing great. A/S 12/10/12 - Healthy BOYS!
    Sawyer & Silas born at 33+6 on 3/29/13
    imageimage
    imageView Raw Image" height="250" width="375">

image"Lilypie">image

• Loading the player...
  • My friend tripped and fell on her stomach. The doctor said not to worry since the baby has so much cushion. They really are pretty resilient considering. I know I'd still be nervous but it there's no bad pain or bleeding I would take that as a good sign. 
    imageimage

EDD 1/31/13, MC May 17. EDD 3/31/13, MC July 26. I miss you so much already my angel loves

• When I was 6 months pregnancy with DS, I was intentionally kicked in the stomach very hard by an a&%hat pqtient who was peeved about being in the ER.  It hurt so very much, scared the hell out of me, and PISSED me off.  My fellow coworkers kicked me out of the room and took a minute with the patient with the door closed.  (I am sure there were threats of police involvement and very large catheters.  Haha.)  Anyway, I got sent to L and D for monitoring and DS, even that far above my pelvis, was just fine.  I'm sure your baby will be perfectly fine.  Good luck.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My SIL was headbutted in the stomach by an unruly child when she was about 3 months pregnant. She did have some bleeding and went to the ER, where they discovered that everything was absolutely fine. She just took it easy for the next couple days, and that was it. My niece was born full term and is now a perfectly healthy and very active 2 year old! So rest easy... baby's got it made in there :)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • With my first pregnancy I fell/rolled down stairs when I was 6 months and the baby was fine. With this preganancy my 4 year old has accidently kicked me a couple of times and everything thing is fine.
  • I am sure everything is just fine! :) But if you are worried about it, just call your doctor and see if they can get you in even if it's to listen to the heartbeat. Maybe that will calm you some!?

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My 2 1/2 yr old jumped on my stomach (hurt) but baby is fine so far.  Like PP said, they are well cushioned.  But if it worries you terribly (or if you have cramping or bleeding) call the doc.

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP#1 09/2009 * EDD 6/19/2010 * Born 6/12/2010

BFP#2 6/03/2012 * EDD 2/09/2013 * MC @ 5w2d 6/13/2012

BFP#3 8/30/2012 * EDD 5/16/2013

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"