Georgia Babies

when do babies see the dentist?

For the first time?  LO doesn't even have his first tooth yet... just curious... 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: when do babies see the dentist?

• I took dd when she was 15 months because I was taking my son, who was 4, and the dentist just looked in her mouth, and said he would see her again when she was 3.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We started at 3. 
    Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Typically at 3, unless you notice anything that needs looking at.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We went at 13 months (I think?) and every 6 months since then.

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

• 3 years old. Bailey actually goes for the first time next week. Bryce has been but only b/c he fell. He chipped a tooth and pushed two teeth up/back. 
    BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We took DDs in when they were around 2 because DH and I had appointments.  The dentist did a quick "smile check" which was just to make sure their teeth were coming in okay and no major decay.  We started taking them at 3 which is a decent age because cooperation before that is pretty iffy. :-)

2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

• DD went at 4 for the first time.
    Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016
    missed m/c- 6w5d; discovered 8w2d- September 2016

• Our dentist told us there was no reason to come before the age of 3 unless we noticed a problem.  They call it a "fun visit" and they just look in the mouth and only clean the teeth if the child will let them.  With Ethan, it wasn't until his 2nd fun visit before he would allow them to clean his teeth and that was at the age of 4.  Jack, on the other hand, allowed them to clean his teeth at his first visit which was at age 3.
  • We went at 18 mos and every 6 mos since then at a pediatric dentist.  I was told to go as soon as they get their first teeth.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"