Multiples
Options

Triplets - rib cage pain

This week I started getting really bad pain on my right rib cage, right under my boob. At first it was just numb feeling but now it burns, hurts and feels like something is there. Can it be one of the babies? I'm 20 weeks today and had an ultrasound a few days ago. The transducer was all the way up on my rib cage but I wasn't sure if that's where they really are. All 3 were transverse. 

Re: Triplets - rib cage pain

• Options
    When baby B gets her head in my ribs I can't believe how badly it hurts. It's the same spot too, my right side under my boob. The pain was so bad that I was worried it was my gall bladder or something. I asked my MFM if it was ok that the pain was excruciating, and his response was, "yup! Just another reason why being pregnant with twins sucks." lol so I can imagine that it would be even worse with triplets being that there is even less room.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Definitely could be baby.  Baby Girl was up against my ribs as early as 16w, and its just gotten more uncomfortable since then.  It totally depends on how she is laying- sometimes its fine, sometimes her little noggin or butt or foot is digging into tender areas, and when she rolls over its quite uncomfortable.  Normal with 3 babies in there!
    Me: 31 DH: 30
    Dx DOR (AMH .49), Stage 3/4 Endo, Septate Uterus
    After 2 years, numerous tests, abdonimal surgery, and 2 IVF cycles, we are so grateful to be expecting.
    Transferred 2 "perfect" 8-cell embies 6/12. Beta 1 6/25: 472! Beta 2 6/27: 1055!
    First u/s shows TRIPLETS! WHAT?!?! Both embies stuck and one split. OMG

Levi, Henry, and Amelia were born healthy at 34w3d.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageearlyspring1:
    When baby B gets her head in my ribs I can't believe how badly it hurts. It's the same spot too, my right side under my boob. The pain was so bad that I was worried it was my gall bladder or something. I asked my MFM if it was ok that the pain was excruciating, and his response was, "yup! Just another reason why being pregnant with twins sucks." lol so I can imagine that it would be even worse with triplets being that there is even less room.

This!  Baby B gets himself right up there and it felt like my gall bladder pain but I've had my gall bladder out! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker DD#1 3/04 *TTC #2 since 6/2010 EDD 1/30/13 changed to 2/4/13 we are having boy/girl twins!
  • Options

imageearlyspring1:

I am feeling the same thing and also thought it might be my gallbladder, but then I feel kicking/movement in the area so it must be one of the babies pushing on my ribs.  

Photobucket TTC since 1999. Unexplained Infertility. IUI#1 Oct. 12/11 - BFN IUI#2 - Nov 8 - Failed
    IUI#3 - Jan 6 IVF#1 -5/18 - stims start (225 gonal f, 75 menopur, 5 lupron) ER 5/29 - 14R, 11M, 7F. 6/1 - Transferred 2 8cell embryos (grade 1 and 2). 8dp3dt +HPT, Beta#1 - 92, Beta #2 - 174, Beta#3 - 614, Beta#4 - 2010. 6wk u/s - TWINS! Baby A 114bpm, Baby B 112 bpm Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I experienced HORRIBLE pain in the same exact spot.  My OB said it was my stomach muscles and rib cage stretching/moving apart (and it actually did feel exactly like my abs were ripping).  It went away after about 3 weeks.  Hopefully yours will go away soon!  
    DX: Anovulation
    TX: IUI #1-4 = BFN + 1 c/p
    IUI #5: Clomid 100mg + Bravelle + Trigger + B2B IUIs + 800mg Progesterone = BFP!
    Beta #1 (14dpiui): 460 Beta #2 (16dpiui): 998 Beta #3 (23dpiui): 21,832 Beta #4 (29dpiui): 129,771

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Holy cow! Sounds like I'm in for some major pain for a while. What a bummer...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"