Maryland Babies

Carroll County OBGYN

Hi 

I am newly pregnant with my first baby and I am currently seeing Carroll OBGYN group, I am not 100% happy with them and am considering switching doctors- I would appreciate any feedback about Carroll OBGYN or other practices that you may recommend.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Carroll County OBGYN

• I have been pretty happy with Carroll OBGYN.  I started with Dr. C (in 2010 when I was pregnant with my daughter).  During my pregnancy I ended up seeing Dr. Ballas more and ultimately had my c-section with him (which went very well).  I am now pregnant with my second child and have seen Dr. Ballas twice.  While I do like Dr. Ballas, unless you are having a problem, the visits are very quick and to the point.  He will certainly answer questions but isn't exactly waiting around to hear a list of 10 questions.  In my experience, Dr. C is much more willing to take the time to explain things and hear your concerns.  I have only seen Dr. Udo once and that was while I was in the hospital after my c-section.  She seems very nice but again, my experience with her is very limited.

Good luck!  If you have any specific questions, feel free to PM me. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I started with Carroll OBGYN when I was pregnant with DD.  I hate it, and switched practices at 10 weeks.  They misplaced my blood work, and failed to call me to say that my progesterone was low, until 3 weeks later.  Plus, the office staff is really rude, and my appointments took very long.  I did not find Dr. Udo (the only doctor I saw) to be very professional.  I have heard bad things about the other 2 doctors too.  Also, Dr. Udo diagnosed my friend with PCOS, and told her she would most likely not conceived naturally, she was pregnant at the time, which when my friend got her records, her blood work very clearly stated this.

I see Dr. Barnett, and this is my 3rd pregnancy with him, and I am very happy with the switch.  I am able to get in and out of the office quickly, not in a rushed way, I could ask questions all day if I wanted.  His staff is for the most part very friendly.  He was amazing during my loss, he had great bed side manner. 

I also hear good things about Dr. Miller.  

• Loading the player...
  • Its interesting you say they lost your blood work; they have not called me with results for any of my tests... i have had to call them and then they say "tests are normal" i am thankful for that, but i'd like to know exact details, its like pulling teeth to get any information, this is my first pregnancy and I would like a little hand holding... where is your doc located and do they deliver at carroll county hospital?

Thanks again for the help 

• My doctor is in the billingslea building, it is right beside the Charles Fisher building.  And yes, he delivers at carroll.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"