Birth Stories

6 years late...

I hate to say that this birth story is a bout 6.4 years late...better late than never though right?!

June 28 2006: My mother and I decided to take my nephew to the movies. Mid-way thru Ice Age my back was killing me. When I got home I decided to go to the hospital. I wasnt sure what the pain was, but it just couldnt be labor. I wasnt due until July 29! The hospital checked me out and determined that I was just having normal pregnancy pains so they sent me home. By now my back pain was radiating around to my belly button.

June 29 2006: The pain hadnt gotten any better. It had in fact gotten worse! I couldnt sleep. I couldnt sit. I couldnt stand. I was misrable. I decided to go back to the hospital. Again, they checked me out and sent me on my way. I kept telling them the pain was in my back. They kept putting the monitor on my belly.

June 30 2006: After 2 days of endless pain I had given up on the hospital being any help. I just decided to lie on the sofa and hope the exhaustion knocked me out. After an hour or so I felt a gush of liquid between my legs. I jumped up and ran to the kitchen (I guess it was closer than the Bathroom...lol) I felt between my legs and when I looked at my hand it was red. I looked down and realized I had left bloody foot prints on the floor. By this time Im in major freak out mode. I screamed for my SO and called my Dr and Mom. All three told me to get to the hospital ASAP. I arrived at the hospital at about 7pm. They quicky broke my water and my labor progressed so fast that I really dont remember much of it! I know that at about 9pm they gave me the epidural but I had to start pushing almost as soon as it was injected. My son Zac was born at 9:17pm and was perfect! 6lbs 9oz and 19 inches long. I went numb about 10 min later...lol!

Fast forward to now...I am almost 22 weeks with our little girl and taking weekly P17 injections to prevent early labor. So far so good!

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 6 years late...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"