Baby Showers
Options

One or two?

So my mom and MIL are planning our shower. My family is super small (9 women including my mom and sister) and MH's family is larger. We live directly in the middle of both - exactly and hour and a half. MH and I would like to try to have just one shower where we live since I'll be about 8 months pregnant and it'll be during winter; but my mom is concerned that no one from our family will drive up. I'd love for everyone to make it, but I know some will, some won't.

Anyways, just wondering how many are having more than one shower or what your thoughts are. I just cant' imagine doing it again... it was bad enough having to drive all over for two wedding showers, I can't imagine doing it again pregnant.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: One or two?

• Options
    We will probably have two....one with my friends and family and then one with his family. They would be about two hours apart and I know we would have the same concerns of whether or not people would drive far to one of the locations.
  • Options

i guess it depends on how you feel at that point, but obviously you can't wait till then to decide. ?

if it were me, i'd play it safe and just have one shower. ?those who really want to be there, will. ?make the decision based on your comfort, not theirs.?

• Loading the player...
  • Options

My DD had just one (although not in bad weather) but some people drove up to three hours.  It was at her house...hosted by her girlfriend.  Not many declined do to the distance.  I think out of about 50 only 4-5 did not show up for one reason or another.  We live 1 1/2 hours from everyone.  My DD lives 3 hours from her DH's family...so they had to drive the furthest. 

I myself had 3 showers with my first and no one had to drive any distance.  I had one at the church, one with family, and one at work.

• Options
    I had two, one was a huge one (75) with family and close friends and the other was about 15 people and to be honest I loved the smaller shower because you are more able to talk to everyone and enjoy the moment.  I wish I coud have split the big shower into 2 ;-) But thats just my feeling.
  • Options
    I suggest to have 1 shower close to you or at your house.  Otherwise, you'll have to lug your gifts around.  You're the prego one; it should be convenient for you.  I'm not sure if I'm having 1 or 2.  Probably having it in February.  I would like to have 1, but it all depends if we can find a place to fit everyone; hubby has a large family.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

BFP#3 12/09/12 - EDD 8/11/2013 - D&C @ 12w :: BFP #4 2/17/14 - EDD 10/28/2014 - M/C @ 6w

• Options

I wish we would have had 2.  No one from my ILs side came to the shower because it was "too far" yet no one volunteered to host one.  (Can you tell I'm still bitter?)

Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    If my baby shower(s) end up anything like my wedding showers 2yrs ago. ...then we could end up with 3 but only b/c of family location and the fact that DH's parents are divorced.
  • Options
    We are having two.  We are having one in my hometown which is about an hour away which will be family and family friends.  We will be having a second one where we currently live that will be friends.  As long as people are not invited to both, I don't see a problem with it.  Plus they will both be in winter, so I wouldn't want our family to drive up and know a lot of people wouldn't want to make the drive.  It will be rescheduled in the case of bad weather though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"