Pregnant after 35

Today, I'm 38. And I'm still pregnant! This will be a great year!

I don't feel 38-- well, unless I'm trying to climb some stairs! LOL 

I just love that I'm going to be able to be an awesome mom-- the kind I never could have been if I had had a baby 10 years ago, when I was still flying around the country tackling people and chasing a ball for fun. 

I also love that-- in this time of turmoil, upheaval, and uncertainty here in the USA and around the world-- I know that there are other parents like me, who are going to be raising children with a little more wisdom and perspective than we might have had at 22 or 25. (Not that every 20-something is as footloose and fancy free as I was, of course!)

Anywho, I'm feeling the love this weekend! Everyone have some cake or something on me! It'll be a birthday treat, so it won't have any calories!  Big Smile

*********************************************************************************************

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was." 
        -- Abraham Lincoln

Me:39  MH:39 
DD born 6/1/2013 after 15 months of TTC with one loss.    
TTC #2: BFP 4/22 but stalled growth and no HB at 9w3d on 5/30        

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >
<br /> My Ovulation Chart</a>

Re: Today, I'm 38. And I'm still pregnant! This will be a great year!

• Congrats and happy birthday! I feel similar enthusiasm about becoming a mom now vs when I was younger. You said it well!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Happy birthday! I just made an apple pie on a whim and now I have a reason! :
  • Loading the player...
  • Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the birthday treat:) 

• Happy BIrthday!!! I had a hot chocolate in your honor.!
    nate and teddy
    Me 41 DH 46  Not actively ttc, surprise BFP on 1/6/11! 4/1/11 m/c our sunshine at 16wks after complications from CVS test. TTC #2 **5th cycle 12/6/11 BFP! Missed m/c at 9 weeks 1/21/12, trisomy 14. Two Chemical PG 3/12&7/12
    ** BFP 8/16/12 beta #1 148! beta#2 407 beta #3 4000 u/s 9.10 1 lovely hb 126, Baby Boy is due 04/28/13!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Happy birthday, Danielle! Here's to all of us being great, wise moms! I'm going to have a big slice of virtual cake: Cake
    Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
  • I agree! It's not so bad being older and hopefully wiser :. Happy Birthday!
    TTC since Dec. 2010. Me: 37, DH: 38...unexplained RPL
    BFP #1 - missed m/c 4.18.11 found @8w3d, d&c @13w 
    BFP #2 blighted ovum found 8.2011 @8w, misoprostol
    BFP#3 - missed m/c 6.11.12 @ 9w3d, d&c revealed extra chromosome 15
    BFP#4 8.10.12, DD born 4/26/13
  • I hope you had a fantastic birthday!  It IS going to be a great year!  I  hope you got to go out and celebrate!

Me:40 AMA, DH:36 0% morph, TTC#1;
    BFP#1 4/2011, MMC 6/2011 11wks Trisomy 13;
    BFP#2 11/2011, CP
    FSH: 17.9, AMH: 2.2
    IVF#1 w/ICSI: ER 4/3: 5R,4M,4F
    ET 4/6 All 4 (1-8A+, 2-8A-, 1-3A) BFP#3
    Two weeks of beta hell = Blighted Ovum
    IVF#2 Aug/Sept: ER 8/27: 4R,3M,3F
    ET 8/30 (1-8A+, 1-6A+)
    Beta#1 9/10: 350; Beta#2 9/12: 796; Beta#3 9/20: 9155
    Expecting Boy/Girl Twins! My babies were born 4/23/13 at 36w1d!

• Happy Birthday to you! 

And I know what you mean every week seems like a milestone!  Yeah!!!  It will be a good year!!

me: 39 DH 40 Trying to Conceive #1 Since Nov. 2010, BFP # 1 1/14/12 EDD 9/20/12 -M/C between 7-8 weeks - :( BFP # 2 10/9/12 EDD 6/16/12 - No Embryo Found 8 weeks 4 day U/S :( Waiting to Miscarry - 9 weeks today Will Try for one more BFP in 2013
  • Have a wonderful Birthday weekend!
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was 21 and 24 when I had my first two DDs,  now I have a 19m and a LO due in a few weeks.  I'm 43 now.  The only difference for me being a younger mom and older mom is I am more laid back.  I think for me it is because I wanted to be that young mother and be free of motherhood in my 40's.

Got divorced met some one new and he wanted more children so I agreed.

Now bring on that cake I need some. 

Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Happy happy happy birthday and so happy that you are still preggers!!! 
    Me 39 & suspected PCOS, DH 42. Went off BCP when we got married in 11/11, seriously TTC since 3/12.  Six cycles of clomid = BFNs.  Suspected endometriosis & HSG showed both tubes blocked.  Sept 2013 IVF 5D transfer of two perfect embryos = BFN.  Started acupuncture and taking time off to drop some pounds & get healthier before FET in April 2014.
  • I hope you had a happy birthday and will enjoy the wonders this new year of your life will bring you! (Oh yes, definitely motherhood!) Something I am also glad I didn't rush into.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Happy belated birthday!  I was 36 when I had #1, and will be 39 with this one.  I like being a more experienced mom.  I don't think I could have personally handled raising a child at a younger age.  This is just perfect for myself and my husband.
    Son #1 is already 2! Not too much longer until Son No.2 arrives! Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"