September 2012 Moms

Late night check in

Cain start this even though technically it's only 10 on the west coast? 

My Cookie Monster has been having a rough couple of days. It hit a head tonight and she's constipated with bubble guts and hungry. Poor baby. Last night I was super frustrated but Halloween and her 2 month mark put me in a better mood. I tried colic calm for the 2nd time. The first time was a bust and I wrote the stuff off but after hearing her blood curdling screams, I tried it again. Seems to be working tonight. TG! But I have a feeling I'm still in for the long haul tonight.

Who's with me?  

image    image

Harper Grace 08.31.12                        Sibling Expected 08.30.15

Aug 2015 - January Siggy Challenge - Fav mean girl from TV/Film

Ellie from CougarTown

Re: Late night check in

• After a great day, Millie has been fussy tonight.  DH just woke me up for my shift.  She's not crying, just awake and not wanting to sleep.  I'm hoping some one on one boob time will knock her out.

Emilia Antoinette
    10.03.12 at 41w5d Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LO was much better today than yesterday. I'm doing my last pump session before bed. LO is already asleep. That means she will be up to eat very soon.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I can't sleep, no real reason... I think I may just be overwhelmed. I miss DH (he's gone for work last week was Atlanta, this week Toronto, next week Berlin) and have had my mom visiting this week and the in laws get here on Friday. I just want my normal routine back.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I debated not coming on here. That night time post ticked me off. At no one in particular. Just that at 7.5w I'm still getting up a ton through the night and barely anyone else is. Went down at 930, up at 1230. It's 110 and after a diaper change, were still nursing....
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • LO had a belly ache tonight, so she is fitfully sleeping and her schedule is all off. So we are chilling on the couch for a bit.
    Orginal September 2012 Mom
    #1 Alice born 9/12 born after 2 1/2 years on infertility
    #2 Loss 12/15
    Ttc #3

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageTAGSL710:
    I debated not coming on here. That night time post ticked me off. At no one in particular. Just that at 7.5w I'm still getting up a ton through the night and barely anyone else is. Went down at 930, up at 1230. It's 110 and after a diaper change, were still nursing....
    you and me both sista! Sleep? What's that?

image    image

Harper Grace 08.31.12                        Sibling Expected 08.30.15

Aug 2015 - January Siggy Challenge - Fav mean girl from TV/Film

Ellie from CougarTown

• Up and dealing with a mega comfort nurser! Does not want to get off the boob and when he does get off ts not intentional and gets ugly. Mommy needs a nap!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageVisit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • imageTAGSL710:
    I debated not coming on here. That night time post ticked me off. At no one in particular. Just that at 7.5w I'm still getting up a ton through the night and barely anyone else is. Went down at 930, up at 1230. It's 110 and after a diaper change, were still nursing....

We're right there with you, sometimes it is 2 hours. He just has trouble sleeping on his own. Tonight I got close to four, which usually means every 2 hours for the rest of the night. But seeing how much sleep everyone else seems to be getting is frustrating, seeing how much weight people have quickly lost is downright depressing.

• After a horrible night last night, Evan slept 8:30 to 3. I needed that! Yesterday was crazy on little sleep with DS1's Halloween party at daycare in the am and trick or treating and dinner at my SIL's house. I think the key to a successful night with Evan is to limit his naps during the day.
  • imagemisscheapandchic:
    Up and dealing with a mega comfort nurser! Does not want to get off the boob and when he does get off ts not intentional and gets ugly. Mommy needs a nap!

This is me. Going on 3 hours now. Woke up DH to see if he could Get her to sleep. No such luck, back to the boob.
  • I'm feeling really sad tonight. My pregnancy had medical drama, labor and delivery was not a good experience, and recovery sucked a lot. I kept positive by telling myself that at least BFing was going well and my kid was happy and healthy. Now BFing isn't going well. He is miserable due to reflux or allergies, and I'm on almost two weeks of struggling with engorgement at night time. And he wants to comfort nurse through his tummy troubles but the thrashing about is killing my nipples. I feel like I just need something to go well.

Anyway, today we go to the pedi to see if we can figure out something to make him feel better. Hopefully then things will improve and I won't feel sad.

Sorry for the negativity.

• imagemavs41:

imageTAGSL710:

We're right there with you, sometimes it is 2 hours. He just has trouble sleeping on his own. Tonight I got close to four, which usually means every 2 hours for the rest of the night. But seeing how much sleep everyone else seems to be getting is frustrating, seeing how much weight people have quickly lost is downright depressing.

Yup. Now up again at 330. I still have 15 lbs to go. I remember when these threads were hopping. Now just us few unlucky suckers :[
  • imageTAGSL710:

Sorry your not getting lots of sleep Tags! FWIW, I always like seeing you around! Hopefully your LO will let you sleep more really soon!

Katherine Quinn | 9.16.2012 | 38w4d

Ryan Lanman | 9.12.2014 | 40w

2 Losses | 10/2010 @ 5w | 9/2013 @ 10w4d
    Little Sprout Blog

• DD is finally asleep at 1:03am. Hopefully she will stay that way when I put her down.
  • imageStasi:
    imageTAGSL710:

Sorry your not getting lots of sleep Tags! FWIW, I always like seeing you around! Hopefully your LO will let you sleep more really soon!

Aw thanks :].
  • imagelinzeek44:
    I'm feeling really sad tonight. My pregnancy had medical drama, labor and delivery was not a good experience, and recovery sucked a lot. I kept positive by telling myself that at least BFing was going well and my kid was happy and healthy. Now BFing isn't going well. He is miserable due to reflux or allergies, and I'm on almost two weeks of struggling with engorgement at night time. And he wants to comfort nurse through his tummy troubles but the thrashing about is killing my nipples. I feel like I just need something to go well.

Anyway, today we go to the pedi to see if we can figure out something to make him feel better. Hopefully then things will improve and I won't feel sad.

Sorry for the negativity.

A shield really helped us with those issues. Hope you get some relief at the pedi. Jack is much happier now on meds.
  • So he slept 930 to 1230 then 130 to 330 then 340 to 430 and no nursing again. This sucks so bad.
  • imageLeSpoofle:
    You're not alone, Tags. My kid still won't sleep on his own, lol. Ugh.Tonight we are both up due to J having a cold. He is having so much trouble breathing and keeps waking up screaming. I feel so bad for him, poor baby.

We're cosleeping too. Only way hell sleep, even the sucky few hours we get. It'd be zero otherwise.
  • LO is still sleeping and I am relieving some engorgement. That just sounds bad. Had a beer tonight which had now given me a headache and am totally dehydrated. Boo.
                  image     image
  • G was sleeping on my chest while I waited to make sure he was actually finished eating and he either just pooped or farted. I think it was just gas and I really don't want to wake him up to change him if it was. But if he did actually go and I don't change him I'd feel horrible. What to do, what to do!

• I'm up, have been since 3am. AJ woke up to eat, I put him back to sleep, after burping him and getting good burps. I waited in the nursery, he stayed asleep. Made it into the bedroom and sitting on the bed before the cries came. No matter how long I wait, he always wakes up when I get back into bed. Picked him up, and he proceeds to spit up everything he just ate, all over me. Then of course he was wide awake thinking it was playtime. So, I stick him in his bouncy and took a shower at 4:30am. Sigh, tomorrow is going to be a long day. I stay at home, but watch my 1 yr old niece, along with having my baby and 4yr old SD. 

On my iPad, one handed... 

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageTAGSL710:
    we are in the same boat. Up at 11, 1, and its 450 now. He started at 4 and now is awake but yawning. He will be up again at 7ish ... still wearing maternity pants, 18 more to go.
  • I'm up trying to get dd to go back to sleep after nursing for 45 mins. I also i have another tooth ache with a right side headache and nothing seems to work. Have to wait until next year so our insurance can cover the visit to the dentist

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • I'm here. LO got up at 4:30, giving us a 5-hour stretch for the first time! What a difference a little sleep makes as I feel much more refreshed now. I'm rocking her to sleep now, and hopeful that we sleep until 8.

2.0 is on the way! EDD: 2/24/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • DD was super fussy yesterday thanks to her shots. She was running a slight fever so I went all over looking for infants tynelol well store brand. I also think shes been off bc we aren't home yet.
    Just fed her she's asleep on my chest until I mover her that is!!!
  • I'm so tired I feel ill and could fall over...its after 5 :
    Dexter 08/31/2012~Summer 07/25/2011~Jack 10/21/2008~Aaron 08/12/2007
  • 2:40 here.  LO slept from 9:30 to 2:15...you do the math I'm too tired.  I decided to not be able to fall asleep till just before midnight (around the time I set my alarm to pump).  Luckily DSnseems to want to pass out quickly.  Fingers crossed for being in bed by 3!

• We are up nursing. It's 345 and I go back to work in 3 weeks. I will have to get up at 5 and then get DD ready. It is possible that 330 might become my new wake up time.
                  image     image
  • imageTAGSL710:

A little late to the party, but having the same issue here!

I don't usually get on the bump overnight bc I am so tired from waking up over and over. If I get on, it wakes me up more and I can't fall back asleep.

I feel like DS thinks that going more than 3 hours between feedings is not allowed. It sucks.
    Little B 9.20.12
  • Well it's already 7 am here but I haven't been on all night. I've finally figured out that side nursing and then not moving LO and me sleeping on the other side of the bed is the only thing that works. Even then I only get a few hours at a time. But now I can doze while he nurses for 45 min. He does why can't I. Seeing all these posts for long sleeping stretches makes me jealous and while I've lost a lot of weight I still have 21 to go to PP. blah I'm going back to bed...if LO let's me

• imageTAGSL710:
    So he slept 930 to 1230 then 130 to 330 then 340 to 430 and no nursing again. This sucks so bad.

I know what your going through DS was the same way. I used to get so mad at everyone who bragged about their babies who were younger than him who were sleeping through the night. I think I swore off social media for a long time. The kid still has issues with sleeping! But it has more to do with monsters in his closet now ;

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"