3rd Trimester

Ugh! To go in or not go in?

I woke up at 3am this am with minor cramping that got worse thru the am. However the contractions were sporadic and came and went as they pleased. Now at 11pm they are more frequent...but tolerable, I stand up and walk until they stop. Also baby is moving like crazy in there. I keep reading that false labour is felt in the lower abdomen which is where I am feeling them - feels like bad menstrual cramps. Oi. I hate decision making! My last 2 were 6 mins apart.
  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Ugh! To go in or not go in?

• I am not a doctor but based on what you are saying you would likely be sent home.  Most hospitals use the 5-1-1 rule unless your water breaks or you are pre-term.  You might just want to stay home until your contractions become more regular.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagejanecanadian:
    I am not a doctor but based on what you are saying you would likely be sent home.  Most hospitals use the 5-1-1 rule unless your water breaks or you are pre-term.  You might just want to stay home until your contractions become more regular.

All of this. I'd give it some more time and see if things pick up or slow down. I'd rather labor at home for awhile anyway. Good luck!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Ive decided to hobble around the house through every contraction right now and head in at 6:30 when my OB comes on duty. Just checked my bp - 142/90 which is super high for me, Gunna go have a shower and get ready. Wish me luck, Will update later.
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If they aren't regular I wouldn't go in.

• I wouln't rule out going in based on irregularity alone. Mine were never regular with A.  However, if you can walk and talk through them, that suggests to me you don't need to go in (at least not yet).  What I'd really recommend is calling L&D and discussing it with them and they can provide the best advice on whether or not you should go in.
    image Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • imagelindsey913:

imagejanecanadian:
    I am not a doctor but based on what you are saying you would likely be sent home.  Most hospitals use the 5-1-1 rule unless your water breaks or you are pre-term.  You might just want to stay home until your contractions become more regular.

All of this. I'd give it some more time and see if things pick up or slow down. I'd rather labor at home for awhile anyway. Good luck!

This.  My dr and my baby class told me that if walking makes them go away they are not true contractions.

This might, however, be the BEGINNING of what will turn into true labor.  Good luck!!!   

Josh + Meagan 06.12.10/Baby J 11.8.12

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I just saw your post about your BP being high though.....I WOULD get checked out for that.  Good luck Mama, hope this is it for you!
    Josh + Meagan 06.12.10/Baby J 11.8.12

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • 57 minutes apart for an hour. Typically...if you aren't in active labor they will send you home.
    Wyatt 3.21.07 Grant 8.29.09 Ross 9.21.11 Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"