May 2013 Moms
Options

Can't hide bump, but not ready to announce?

This is my 2nd time around and I'm showing A LOT earlier than with DD.  I'm starting to get those looks at work (eyes darting at my belly that is definitely large).  

Problem is, I'm not ready to announce yet...I'd prefer to wait until maybe 15 weeks or so (I'll be 12 tomorrow).

Anyone else having this problem?  How are you handling it? 

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1 09/2009 * EDD 6/19/2010 * Born 6/12/2010

BFP#2 6/03/2012 * EDD 2/09/2013 * MC @ 5w2d 6/13/2012

BFP#3 8/30/2012 * EDD 5/16/2013

Re: Can't hide bump, but not ready to announce?

• Options
    I feel your pain! I'm not showing a bump, but I'm...um...emotionally and physiologically "showing" (I've been super emotional and falling asleep at my desk. I just snapped at a coworker and immediately appologized with big tears in my eyes. I'm sure they know somethings up.). Many of them are throwing out, "Are you sure you aren't pregnant?" statements to which my only reply is, "I really want to be pregnant" with a sad look in my eyes (not hard to fake with the crazy emotions), and they usually back off. We were really open about wanting to try to get pregnant, but now that it has happened, it feels like it should be kept private for now.
    She is here! 5-29-13

• Options

So far I'm able to dress around the bump, but I so feel you!  Especially after a loss earlier this year, I'm very reluctant to come out publicly until I have to and I'm not ready!  

Best I can say is dress as bulky as possible, maybe throw in a few "I can't believe how much Halloween candy I've been eating comments" and hope for the best.

Good luck! 

Kim 

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat. I've been trying to just wear bigger sweaters and camouflage with a cardigan or a long scarf. I'm sure that they think I've been eating too many cookies, but I need another week or so.
    Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
    Esri 5K 7.16.2014 - 21:30
    Heart Half Marathon 3.16.2014 - 1:43:30
    Canton City Marathon 9.8.14 - 3:30:56
  • Options
    I'm embracing it but I'm a SAHM... So I don't have work to worry about. With it getting cold bulky sweaters?
  • Options
    I am having the same problem. I just wear chunky sweaters, scarves, and black skinny pants. I work in a casual office so I can get away with that. I can't wear dresses because you can tell I have a bump. I had to tell two of my coworkers because we take many classes at the gym together and you can really tell when I am wearing my gym clothes. There was no hiding it with them.
  • Options
    I just announced at work last week.  I was trying to wait for my 1st OB appt.  I think others were guessing too because they knew we had started trying.  A couple people told me they thought I looked like I had a baby bump but nobody was obviously rude enough to ask for fear of being wrong!  lol  It is kinda awkward...hopefully you feel comfy telling soon!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was so close to telling my boss today. I'll tell him next week, but I couldn't help but think he had to have known when he saw me. I'm running out of cardigans and baggy shirts to cover it up.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"