October 2012 Moms
Options

I just got a free RnP!!

I just got a free RnP!!

Sorry, I realize I just posted, but I'm so excited!! I got a phone call from my mom and my aunt had given her a RnP that was used for her great-granddaughter. Apparently, they bought it on their way home from the hospital with the LO and it was only ever used a handful of times. She's now 4 months old and since they weren't using it, they passed it down to us as well as THREE boxes of newborn to 0-3 clothes, most of which my sister (who works at JCP) had given her through her two babies. So it's not crap clothing.

My mom did mention that the clothes did smell of smoke. Anyone know of a good way to get the smoke smell out? Do you think standard detergent would be okay or should I get something stronger? I'm an ex-smoker, but it's a little different when it's infant clothing. 

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
I made rachelmichelle1 my bitch.

Re: I just got a free RnP!!

• Options

Yay for the free RnP!  I'm jealous :-)

As far as the smoke smell - I bought a bassinet at a garage sale and discovered after I got it home I discovered it smelled like smoke.  I soaked it in a tub of warm water with a couple cups of Epson Salt.  That alone got rid of the smell, on my stuff, then I washed with my regular detergent.  If the Epson Salt soak isn't enough, you can follow up with a wash of vinegar and baking soda.

my read shelf:
    Erika's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Oct Angel Babies Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"