1st Trimester

how to "get out of" a 5k

I signed up for a 5k with some friends many weeks ago.  It is on Sunday and I will be ~7 weeks.  If I had trained for this properly, it wouldn't be a big deal. But I haven't trained at all.  The plan was to walk/run with two girlfriends.  Run until we are tired, then walk, run when we feel good, repeat...

Since I haven't trained, am pooped tired and seem to be out of breath with a slight jog, I'm wondering how I can get out of this race.  I would totally walk the whole thing, I just don't want to run.  I also don't want to just "call in sick" as we have other plans with these girlfriends and spouses for supper that night. 

Fake an injury?  Other ideas?

Re: how to "get out of" a 5k

• Tell them you are having issues breathing (not a lie) and will walk the whole way. They should understand. It isn't like you are bailing on them. Good luck!

Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

• Diarrhea...no one will ask about the details and it can clear up by evening.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMrsSt2009:
    Diarrhea...no one will ask about the details and it can clear up by evening.

Love this!!

Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

• Fess up to not having trained and just walk it.
  • imageQue_Syrah:
    Fess up to not having trained and just walk it.

This. Did your friends prepare properly? Maybe they aren't ready for running either. WTIW I started a 5K running program the day before I got my BFP and plan on following it until I am too big for it to be comfortable. If you are a regular exerciser with no medical conditions it won't kill you to jog a bit if you feel up to it.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickersimage
  • I'm pregnant and don't feel up to running, all you need lol
    BFP#1 9/28/2012 - EDD 6/3/2013 - MMC discovered 11/21/2012 @ 12w2d - D&C 11/24/2012
    BFP#2 4/4/2013 - Born at 37w3d on 11/26/13 via emergency c-section
    Loving our beautiful rainbow baby boy Archer!

~*All AL Welcome*~
  • I have done several 5k's, including Warrior Dash and am an awful runner! I walk about 1/3 of it and all of my friends have been supportive. It's something to do together, celebrate after and support a good cause. Nobody will think less of you. Even with a time of over 45 minutes, I"ve never been last Stick out tongue
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Expecting our first, baby BOY, 12/12/13
  • Just walk it!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"