December 2011 Moms

Birthday cake

I plan on baking DS's birthday cake, but don't know what kind it will be yet. I am thinking of just a plain yellow cake with some sort of yummy frosting/filling. 

What will you have for your LO? 

DS born 12/2011
DD born 03/2014

Re: Birthday cake

• I think I am going to buy cupcakes. We are definitely getting yellow/vanilla and not chocolate.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • We are making cupcakes. Probably white/yellow dyed in rainbow blobs, with white icing and rainbow sprinkles.
    BFP #2 - MC Aug 2012 - D&C w/ complications
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • imageTussie Mussie:
    We are making cupcakes. Probably white/yellow dyed in rainbow blobs, with white icing and rainbow sprinkles.

This sounds awesome!

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • imagemtb21:
    I will be making it, but haven't really thought about it yet. Maybe carrot cake and cream cheese icing?
    This.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm making a small cake for her for the party and cupcakes for the guests.  homemade funfetti with probably aqua colored vanilla frosting.
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• I plan to make cupcakes.  Probably yellow cake and a simple buttercream frosting.
    imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I guess I am in the minority, I plan to make chocolaet cake with white icing and sprinkles, and cup cakes for the younger guests.

We aren't having a theme, I'll worry about that when he is older, so basic round and sprinkles for us :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Diagnosed with Anti little c antibodies. DS1 7.11.11 - Anaemia and Jaundice. 10 days in the NICU, 1 exchange transfusion and 4 blood transfusions. DS2 29.8.13 - Anaemia 7 days in the NICU and 1 exchange transfusion. Both are now happy and healthy. 

• I know I'll likely make something, as to what, no clue!  With DD it was easy because she loved Sesame Street, with DS he could care less about anything TV or kid shows...

Heads up: for those using a lot of colors - when it stains your hands - use windex to get the stain out...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We'll do a white cake with white frosting for his smash cake since it's and igloo. Then white cupcakes with blue buttercream frosting and blue velvet cupcakes with white buttercream frosting for guests.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I am going to make a healthy cake for my family. No smash cake--I am not a fan of that.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm thinking of baking an igloo cake to go with winter onederland theme.  Probably chocolate.  Either white frosting or cream cheese frosting.  I am making a mini cake or cup cake for him to smash...haven't decided on a flavor/frosting yet for that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"