July 2013 Moms

CPW: When do you plan on telling?

And if you already know, how are you going to spill the beans?!?[Poll]

TTC #1 since 5/2010 dx: annovulatory 

RLP: 2/2012: normal HSG 3/2012: normal

BFP #1 7/20/11 M/C 7/25/11. BFP #2 11/29/11 M/C 12/21/11

I have two angel babies that I will see again one day

BFP #3 10/27/12 EDD: 7/6/13

Baby Emma arrived at 35 weeks by surprise on June 3rd, 2013!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #4: 5/23/14 EDD: 1/30/15  Emma's gonna be a big sister!

Beta #1 19DPO: 213 Beta #2 21DPO: 674

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: CPW: When do you plan on telling?

• We are telling our immediate family tomorrow night and then our close friends.  My past two pregnancies we didn't....but there are so many people with us along our journey (we've been TTC for 2.5 years) and we could use all the prayers and positive thoughts that this LO will STICK STICK STICK!!  :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageMrsErinH:

Due to the fact that we were doing a bunch of fertility stuff, our immediate family knew what was going on and so we told them right away (plus we want their support and prayers).  I'm hoping I can come up with a cute way to reveal to our extended family around Christmas.  I'm a little sad I didn't get to do a big reveal to our immediate family but I guess I will get over it.   

This is me too.  I saw a cute pic on pinterest of a dad standing and looking at the camera and then his wife hugging the toilet and it said "We're Pregnant!".   I thought that one was cute.  But my front runner is a pic of us and a ribbon tied around my belly that says "Do Not Open Until July 2013".... :) 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My parents and in-laws know we did IVF, but don't know we got a +.  I've held out about as long as I can, so this weekend we're going to stop by their houses and I'm going to wear this shirt. we'll tell MH's siblings at Thanksgiving and my OOT family at Christmas.

Finally!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I dont know for sure. Likely around the holidays but Im terrible at keeping my mouth shut so who knows.
    Wyatt 9/6/2011 
    Tessa 7/5/2013
    Baby #3- ????? (ttc soon)

• we'll tell close family and friends after 1st u/s, rest of the world- probably around Christmas (12w)
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers Photobucket
  • A lot of people were following our journey so they asked within a couple days of our hpt's & first beta. I'm not telling the rest until later. I'm thinking after the first u/s, but I may wait even longer. I just don't feel comfortable yet. 
    Me: 25, DH: 27
    Proud Stepmama to DSS
    TTC since Aug. 2009 IF official Aug 2011; dx: DH:all clear, me:PCOS
    2 rounds Femara(5mg)+ TI: no response
    4 rounds Clomid + TI: BFN
    10/2012: 1st IUI, 75mg Clomid & Bravelle Injections. 4 follicles. IUI 10/11/12. BFP!!!
    Beta #1: 575, Beta #2: 1075, 1st u/s 11/9/12

blog: http://infertility-and-me.blogspot.com
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Most likely after the first ultrasound. Probably around Christmas. 
  • We will tell our immediate family after the 1st u/s and then everyone else in the new year. This is great news, but we're both keeping a lid on it for a while!
  • Probably once were close to being out of the 1st trimester, probably the holidays. I'm making DS a shirt that says "Only Child, Expiring July 2013" to tell extended family and friends.
    January2014 Blog ** Admin to the January 2014 FB group!
  • I plan to tell two of my close friends after I hopefully see a heartbeat. Otherwise, if all is well, we're going to tell our family at Christmas. Last time I told family right away and it made me extremely nervous. I don't mind sharing the good news, it's more that in the event of m/c I want to be able to talk about that in my own time versus being forced to untell. Also my MIL can't keep a secret, so to tell her when I'm 5 weeks and ask her not to tell anyone for another 2 months is really hard on her.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • We are going to maybe tell a few close friends soon.  Our immediate family after the first Doctor's visit, and her extended at Christmas with a shirt on our son.

• I want to go ahead and tell our parents now, but my hubby wants to wait until our first u/s on Nov. 26.

And then we actually see the rest of our families after Christmas (we live in NC and they live in TN), we'll just tell them, if we've been to our 12 week u/s. Nothing special. Last Christmas we announced to our parents and siblings (and that was even before our first u/s) in a cutesie way and I just don't know if I want to do another one at Christmastime.

And I'm not sure when we'll be telling our friends, but probably after the new year.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily and Brad; married 12/27/08
    began TTC 10/2011
    BFP#1 12/9/11 (EDD 8/13/12)- our sweet little girl diagnosed with Turner's Syndrome and large cystic hygroma 2/2/12; D&E at 16 weeks 2/24/12
    began TTCAL 8/12
    BFP#2 10/28/12 (EDD 7/6/13)- cp at 5 weeks 11/5/12
    BFP#3 12/4/12 (EDD 8/12/13)- cp at 5 weeks 12/14/12
    2012 was a bust... here's to 2013
    blood work normal (1/2013)... HSG normal (2/2013)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We're telling H's family when they come for thanksgiving. We'll tell my family when we go there for Christmas. Everyone else, sometime in January. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Our u/s won't be until 20 weeks, so February I'm guessing? We'll prob tell around Thanksgiving time.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • We plan to tell parents and immediate family once we see how the betas work out (they knew about our previous pregnancy and helped us through the m/c).  Extended family we'll tell at Christmas (which will be just before the end of the first tri), since it's the one time we see them all.  Close friends will be around then as well.  As far as FB announcement, probably not until 16 weeks or so...
    Mom to three girls and pregnant with #4!
    L: 7/12/13
    C: 5/11/15
    E: 3/7/17
    Due 11/10/18
  • My birthday is on Saturday so I will tell a few of my friends then who have been supporting me through my struggle. I'll probably tell my mom too. Most people we'll wait until we get farther along. Maybe around Christmas?
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • I wanted to tell the immediate family at Thanksgiving. But now I'm wondering if it wouldnt be better to wait until our first ultrasound on the 27th of December. It just seems so far away! My SIL told everyone at 7 weeks because she had an ultrasound to show. She works at a hospital and her friends are u/s techs so they did it for her right away. Pretty jealous I decided to not go into the medical field right about now! I'm dying to see the little bean soon.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Last time around we did it after our doc's appt at 12w when we had our first u/s. This time around I'm not sure. I'd love to tell after our doc appt but it will be in Dec and we don't want to take away from DS first Christmas. We are going home to TN in January but for DS' birthday and I don't want to take away from his first birthday. I'll guess we'll just wait and see.

BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP #1 5/07/11, DS 01/19/12
    BFP #2 08/09/12, M/C 08/10/12
    BFP #3 10/30/12, EDD 07/11/12...please stick!
  • We are telling our immediate family at Thanksgiving (8 wks). Everyone else will know around Christmas, depending on how long we can keep it a secret (12-13 wks).

I'm not sure how to tell my parents. My in-laws will be super excited, because the day after our wedding they were already hinting about grandchildren. But my parents told us we should wait. We've been married for 3 months and we're pregnant. This would not be their idea of waiting. 

Daisypath Graduation tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We plan on telling my parents, who live nearby, in the next week or so, and a couple good friends shortly after.  We will be at my IL's for thanksgiving and plan on telling them then.  For everyone else, extended family and friends, probably around Christmas.  Our first ultrasound is end of November! 
  • Normally we'd tell after we could see/hear the heartbeat but right now I have 2 sisters also expecting... One is due in April/end of March, and the other is due in May. My sister due in May hasn't announced her pregnancy yet, so I think we might wait a bit to allow her to say something and have her time since it's their first. We might wait until around Christmas time... we'll see.
    TTC #1 since 10/09: Dx:unexplained anovulation Cycle #1 8-9/10:Femara + TI = BFN Cycle #2 10/10:Femara + TI = BFP 10/19 - blighted ovum 11/3 Rest for 11/10 and 12/10 Cycle #3 1/11 BFP 1/29! Beta #1 = 175, Beta #2 = 498!! First u/s 2/14 showed heartbeat of 100bpm! EDD of 10/8/11 Adrian Cooper born 9/10/11 @ 36 weeks Trying for #2 10/12 BFP 11/1/12 - due about 7/12/13! First u/s 11/16 showed heartbeat Second u/s 11/27 showed heartbeat of 150bpm! EDD of 7/12/13 Help us narrow down our ever expanding name list! VOTE on my Name List BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have told a few people. Between now and Thanksgiving we will have told grandparents, parents, and siblings. We told our best friends last night it was AWESOME! They just got back from their honeymoon in jamaica and were affected badly by the hurricane so they had their entire trip credited to them. She was saying how they want to go as a group in the spring (DH and I have wanted to go for awhile now). My husband said "ehh dont think that will work". she said VERY jokingly "well maybe you should put your baby plans on hold and go", I said "too late for that". She couldnt beleive it, it was perfect! It is so nice having your best girl friend to talk to about everything. Everyone else we will tell after Christmas, I think, if i can keep it a secret that long ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Well originally, I wasn't going to tell till after we heard (not saw, HEARD) the heartbeat.  Buuuuuut yesterday and today I was absolutely certain this pregnancy was going to end in a m/c so I'd posted about it on FB because we have a very supportive community who has been cheering us on since our last loss in our TTC journey.  But I got some hopeful news today that this isn't over yet, so if I keep getting more and more good news for another week or so, I guess I'm now kinda obligated to tell everyone I'd told that I might be losing the pregnancy that now it's actually going well.

TTC since Aug 2011. BFP #1 on 10/28/2011 EDD of 07/02/2012 Natural MC on 11/22/2012  BFP #2 on 10/28/2012  EDD of 7/13/13  Judah Ari born on 7/11/13.

I love my rainbow baby!

• imageJellybean902:
    Well originally, I wasn't going to tell till after we heard (not saw, HEARD) the heartbeat.  Buuuuuut yesterday and today I was absolutely certain this pregnancy was going to end in a m/c so I'd posted about it on FB because we have a very supportive community who has been cheering us on since our last loss in our TTC journey.  But I got some hopeful news today that this isn't over yet, so if I keep getting more and more good news for another week or so, I guess I'm now kinda obligated to tell everyone I'd told that I might be losing the pregnancy that now it's actually going well.

Best of luck to you! 

Daisypath Graduation tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"