December 2012 Moms

Hospitals

When I found out I was pregnant I had no interest in going to a hospital. My hubby and I looked into a home midwife and figured it would be cheaper in a hospital and decided to go that route even though it was not my first choice. I have since been through 3 hospitals and decided that since all of my testing was done that a midwife was a much better option. Although I am happy with the hospital I am with now I still just want to have this baby at home. Anyone else having their baby at home with a midwife or did anyone else have a hard time finding a hospital that they didnt feel like a number at?

Re: Hospitals

• I'm not.  I'm having a hospital delivery with MWs same as last time.  We are lucky to have a hospital close to us that is known for being low-intervention/more natural birth minded.  The purpose of my post is to suggest you XP this on the natural birth board, there are plenty of ladies over there who have had or are planning HBs.  
  • Despite having had a great birth experience at my local hospital, and finding them to be very supportive of our birth plans, we will be having this baby at home.  So my reasons for choosing home birth are not the same as yours, but I am seeing a MW (have been since I was about 8 weeks pg), and am planning to give birth with her at my home.  I agree with PP that you will have more responses to this and a lot of experiences to be shared on the NB board.  GL to you!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"