September 2012 Moms

This is what most of my nursing sessions look like...

Mobile:  This is what most of my nursing sessions look like...

Sorry for being a PW today, but with baby sleeping so well I don't know what to do with myself!

Millie has a hard time nursing.  She often cries from hunger but when I offer the boob she'll latch for a minute or two then pull off.  I can't tell you how many times I've cried out "Eat the food!! EAT THE FOOD!!!!"

Emilia Antoinette
10.03.12 at 41w5d Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: This is what most of my nursing sessions look like...

• This just made me LOL. When DD is really tired she pulls off all the time too. It gets really frustrating.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

image    image

Harper Grace 08.31.12                        Sibling Expected 08.30.15

Aug 2015 - January Siggy Challenge - Fav mean girl from TV/Film

Ellie from CougarTown

• Loading the player...
  • There have been so many times where I just said, "I am going to duct tape your little head to my boob, dude". It's so frustrating. 
  • LOL, and not just saying that.

I blame the horrible sounds on her hands getting in the way and they aren't in the way.  And...I don't know how she even manages to breathe sometimes.  There is no way there is air going into her nose. 

• imagemrssqueegy:
    I may or may not hold his head pressed into my boob when he is fussing and pulling back.  Embarrassed

I think our babies (and us) are very similar Wink

Emilia Antoinette
  • I totally relate to this!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LOL.. I can totally relate. Wink
    photo IMG_8797_zpsb448304e.jpg Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • bahaha...

"I will show you the kind of big sister I will be..."
  • I had this problem in the first couple of weeks, where she would come off the boob a lot. There were other issues with feeding, too. It turned out that my milk was coming out too fast (she never ate for more than ten minutes and if she didn't feel like gulping to keep up, she would get frustrated and cry). I started feeding her in "laid back" position and started gas drops, on the advice of our lactation consultant. There is also another position you can do where they sit up, but I don't do that one very much. Anyway, this pretty much took care of the problem for us.
    Married August 14, 2011 Gave birth to our beautiful baby girl on September 17, 2012
  • hahahahaaa!
    Adiah Catherine ~ September 6, 2012

• imageterrichael:
    I had this problem in the first couple of weeks, where she would come off the boob a lot. There were other issues with feeding, too. It turned out that my milk was coming out too fast (she never ate for more than ten minutes and if she didn't feel like gulping to keep up, she would get frustrated and cry). I started feeding her in "laid back" position and started gas drops, on the advice of our lactation consultant. There is also another position you can do where they sit up, but I don't do that one very much. Anyway, this pretty much took care of the problem for us.

Yes, Mands and I have nicknamed that position 'the lazy hold' because it looks like they are DH chillin' in the recliner watching tv and drinking a beer.

Emilia Antoinette
  • imagemrssqueegy:
    imageUnem:

imagemrssqueegy:
    I may or may not hold his head pressed into my boob when he is fussing and pulling back.  Embarrassed

I think our babies (and us) are very similar Wink

I totally agree.  We are kindred spirits.

Count me in too! I routinely have to calm him down with a pacifier just to convince him to eat more. It's so backwards.

• That's exactly what I have to do too. With these crazy hormones I also take her dislike of my boob personally and start to feel like an inadequate mother and then I take it out on DH since I can't take it out on the baby. Sigh. It's a vicious cycle...repeated every 2 hours.
  • Ha, I totally understand
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Yup! Same here. He often cries so loud because he's hungry, but he constantly pulls off and wont eat. He'll lay in my lap crying. I try to hold his head so he keeps latched on and eating. If he really fights I let him go, if it's a little fussing, I try to hold him on. He just started this a week or so ago, so hopefully it's just a fussy stage.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"