August 2012 Moms

Back to work tomorrow. Totally unprepared.

So, after extending my leave twice, I am back to work tomorrow. Of course, today was the absolute worst. LO was colicky crying all day and didn't nap until I resorted to driving him around in the car.

My MIL is babysitting him tomorrow and Friday. I am scared to death and completely exhausted. I need to be writing instructions, cleaning or something, but I just don't have the strength. I can hear kids outside trickortreating, but I put up the sign that says to not ring the bell because the baby is sleeping!

Working moms who have already gone backplease tell me it will be okay. Or at least give me permission to turn off the lights and eat all the candy.
TTC#1 since May 2011

BFP #1 June 2011 m/c@6wks

BFP #2 December 2011, EDD 8/21/12, born 7/21/12 at 35w4d

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BFP #3 October 6, 2015. WHAT???

Re: Back to work tomorrow. Totally unprepared.

• First off, you have permission!

Secondly, I'm not going to lie... the first day, really the first week... sucks. I dealt with feeling really guilty about being away from my daughter, and (not to scare you) but she had a really tough time adjusting to the bottle (she had been drinking out of a bottle once a day since 4 weeks but really hated suddenly getting only a bottle ALL day from my mom who she didnt have experience eating with).

But it gets easier. Honestly, I don't think you should spend a lot of time writing instructions, after all your MIL had some training with children, or your LO wouldn't be here today ;) . With my mom I kind of just gave her a loose schedule. Your LO and your MIL will work out their own routine.

The thing to remember is that it will be harder for you than it is for your LO. On the up side, it is a GOOD thing for your LO to get used to other people watching him/her. Also I've found working is a TINY bit (sarcasm) easier than watching a newborn.

It helped me to have pictures to show to coworkers and to get through the day knowing I would see my DD at the end of the day. Keep your head up, you will get through it, and your LO will be just fine.

ETA: I realized you didn't ask for advice, so sorry if it was unsolicited, but I will leave this up here incase it helps you at all.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • CaliVal advice is totally welcome and appreciated!!!
    TTC#1 since May 2011

• Loading the player...
  • I go back on Monday and both DS and I are sick so I feel like we aren't getting the quality time we actually I needed before I go back. Good luck going back and yes you should eat all the candy. :o
    100_7533(1) Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Could you possibly ask your MIL to bring your LO for a visit/feeding during lunch?
  • imagewhynotwhynot:
    Could you possibly ask your MIL to bring your LO for a visit/feeding during lunch?

Well, my office is over 45 minutes away and I wouldn't want her and LO visiting for various reasons, plus I don't have any private place to feed him. In a normal office situation, that would be ideal, but just my office situation is so far from ideal...
    TTC#1 since May 2011

• I go back tomorrow too Sad

This is so dramatic but I feel like my world is being taken from me. I love being at home with my LO. I can't fathom how much time I will spend away from her. 

imageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • imageDemoDoll:
    I go back tomorrow too [:]This is so dramatic but I feel like my world is being taken from me. I love being at home with my LO. I can't fathom how much time I will spend away from her.nbsp;

I don't think it's dramatic at all. I have the same feeling! I have gotten so used to our life together as mom and son and spending all day every day with him.
    TTC#1 since May 2011

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"