1st Trimester

First appt is so late

My first appt isn't until Nov 21, by then I'll already be 9 weeks. I had a MC four years ago so I called and tried to get my appt moved up. Wishing I could get in sooner.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: First appt is so late

• I feel you sister!

I'll be almost 10 wks by the time I go to my first apt. on Dec. 4. But that is kinda due to my work schedule conflicting with my OBGYN's availability. The soonest they offered was Nov. 28. Either way it feels like its going to take ages.

Praying for patience!! lol

• I'll be 10w 1d when I get to see the doctor.

DS1-7/21/2011 @ 1:51am

DD-5/29/2013 @ 2:40pm

DS2-5/29/2013 @ 3:21pm

#4 EDD- 9/28/2016

• Loading the player...
  • i thought mines was late , i tried to get it moved up today so im stuck with nov 19 ill be hittin 10 weeks then Sad

• I felt uncomfortable about this too.  My doctor didn't want to see me until I was almost 10 weeks and that didn't sit well with me.  I got a bad vibe from the doctor so I decided to try another highly respected office in my area to see when they would want to see me.  They scheduled me for an appointment at 6 weeks. 

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

• I'm sure if you keep pestering them, they will see you sooner! :) 
    Married 07.07.12
    BFP #1 EDD 06.04.13
    Beta #1: 20,560 @ 20DPO, Beta #2: 37,945 @ 22DPO
    U/S #1: 4w6d - too early to see baby, U/S #2: 6w2d - we saw the heartbeat!
    *So thankful to God for blessing us with this miracle*

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • That's actually normal. Mine wasn't until 11 weeks, 4 days.

with a history of MC they may want to see you sooner.  

<leader of the pack small photo leaderofthepacksmall_zps19d110a4.jpg photo r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Mine isn't until 1 day before 10 weeks, December 4th as well. At a lot of places, it's the norm to not go in until 10-12 weeks, then they can hear the heartbeat. The time seems to drag on forever but then you only have to wait 4 weeks in between appointments.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Mine isn't until 10 weeks as well, but that's because I'll be out of town. My OB likes to see you at 8 weeks for your first appointment.

With a history of m/c I would call and see if they will do betas. That way at least you'll have some piece of mind while you wait. I call my OB as soon as I get a BFP so she can order my progesterone and labwork because my last 2 pregnancies ended in miscarriage.

• My issue is the opposite.  My first appointment is this Friday and I won't even have had my first u/s with my RE.  I won't even know if it's one baby or two yet!  I tried to get a later appointment but it was either this one (right in the middle of nap time :-/) or one just a few days later and at an even worse time. They don't do anything (unless yours does u/s, mine doesn't) so I feel like it's a waste of time for me.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• imagedaniellelea1985:
    That's actually normal. Mine wasn't until 11 weeks, 4 days.with a history of MC they may want to see you sooner. nbsp;

I told them about the MC and they acted like it wasn't a big deal.
  • imageMeganNN12:
    My first appointment is at 9 weeks on November 29th. It can't come SOON ENOUGH!!

I agree, hopefully these next couple weeks go by fast!
  • imagekaylakim:
    Mine isn't until 1 day before 10 weeks, December 4th as well. At a lot of places, it's the norm to not go in until 1012 weeks, then they can hear the heartbeat. The time seems to drag on forever but then you only have to wait 4 weeks in between appointments.

She said they wot be checking for a heatbeat until my second appt.
  • imageQue_Syrah:
    Mine isn't until 10 weeks as well, but that's because I'll be out of town. My OB likes to see you at 8 weeks for your first appointment.With a history of m/c I would call and see if they will do betas. That way at least you'll have some piece of mind while you wait. I call my OB as soon as I get a BFP so she can order my progesterone and labwork because my last 2 pregnancies ended in miscarriage.

This might be a stupid question but what are betas?
  • imagediana.filipi:
    My issue is the opposite.nbsp; My first appointment is this Friday and I won't even have had my first u/s with my RE.nbsp; I won't even know if it's one baby or two yet!nbsp; I tried to get a later appointment but it was either this one right in the middle of nap time :/ or one just a few days later and at an even worse time. They don't do anything unless yours does u/s, mine doesn't so I feel like it's a waste of time for me.

I feel the same way, she said no u/s until my third appt. this appt. is just labwork and paper work
  • My first appointment is for 8 weeks on Nov.20th. The OBGYN did run bloodwork but wont "See me" until I am 8weeks.
  • My first appt is at 12 weeks, Nov 15.
    EDD: May 29, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Since you had a m/c I would definitely go in earlier.  For a low-risk pg my Dr saw me at 6 weeks, and this week I had my first ultrasound already.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My first one was at 6 wks, but it was just an 'OB nurse interview' where all we did was talk. My practice doesn't see women until 9-10 wks for the first TV u/s. So, it's not all that uncommon to wait that long.

Anxiously awaiting baby #1! Baby BOY Due: May 30, 2013! Lilypie Maternity tickers

• imagenicoleliu271:
    imageQue_Syrah:
    Mine isn't until 10 weeks as well, but that's because I'll be out of town. My OB likes to see you at 8 weeks for your first appointment.With a history of m/c I would call and see if they will do betas. That way at least you'll have some piece of mind while you wait. I call my OB as soon as I get a BFP so she can order my progesterone and labwork because my last 2 pregnancies ended in miscarriage.
    This might be a stupid question but what are betas?

It's your beta hcg level. The dr. can order bloodwork to see if your hcg is doubling the way it should- typically every 48 hours. This way at least you'll get some idea of what's going on in there.

• I went in a 4 weeks just go confirm, bloodwork, etc.  I don't go back til 9 weeks also for first ultrasound, then 12/13 weeks.  First pregnancy they didn't see me until 11 weeks, that was a long wait!

OH and by the way, totally may seem strange but where did you get your shoes in your pic (the brown strappy ones) and who makes them?  I love them!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageSoleilMoon:
    I went in a 4 weeks just go confirm, bloodwork, etc.nbsp; I don't go back til 9 weeks also for first ultrasound, then 12/13 weeks.nbsp; First pregnancy they didn't see me until 11 weeks, that was a long wait! OH and by the way, totally may seem strange but where did you get your shoes in your pic the brown strappy ones and who makes them?nbsp; I love them!

Thank you! I bought them at Target!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"