Cloth Diapering

Anyone use Flips?

I just got a full supply of Flips + inserts from a friend. I don't think they're what I would've chosen for myself, but I really want to make them work because I already got them for free! Anyone ever tried flips and have any reviews? Do they work well for newborn through toddler phase? Can I use them with pre-folds or only with the special Flip inserts?

Re: Anyone use Flips?

• I didn't use them as a newborn. I started using them at 4 months. I wasn't cding before that. I like them. I use any insert I have on hand. LO had an explosion the other day and it was contained! I don't think a sposie would have contained it.
  • I use Flips covers with prefolds as it turned out my LO has a suedecloth sensitivity. I love how stretchy the covers are and the colors/patterns are super cute. I don't think they would be great with a NB, as they are on the bigger side compared to other covers. Overall they are great. I hate stuffing pockets. I snappi or trifold prefolds, depending on my mood, and never have leaks of any kind.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have a few Flips in my stash and like them okay. They are easier to deal with than pockets when there's a blow-out, but getting the fit right can be tricky. Mine didn't fit DS until he was at least 10lbs. (But neither did any of my other OS diapers.) I have only used them with Flip inserts, but I have used both the newborn and small-medium-large inserts. If I had it to do over, I would not have bought the newborns b/c they don't absorb nearly as much.

• Flips are my husband's go to diaper.  I really like them too.  They are easy to use, never leak, stretchy, you don't have to do as much laundry, and they don't take up a lot of room in your diaper bag.
  • I have some and they're okay. I prefer using prefolds and snappis with the covers. I really like the flips covers!
    dx MF & FF IF
    Off B.C. Jan '06, started charting Feb '08, 2% morphology and PCOS, no O with meds,
    IVF w/ICSI only option to conceive.
    Licensed Foster Parents 07.11
    Miracle BFP 7.20.11 1st beta 6,274! EDD 3.17.12
    Miracle Baby born March 5, 2012 . 6lbs 1oz, 19 3/4"
    Miracle BFP #2 10.8.12 - edd 6.20.13

Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • My reply will be much like everyone else. I use Flip covers exclusively, but I put them over all sorts of things. I have a bunch of stay dry inserts that are nice for going out since they don't take up much space. I will often snappi a prefold and just use a flip as a cover. Sometimes I just tri fold a prefold. I also have a pack of disposable inserts to use when we fly home for the holidays. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker} Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagesarahe101:
    I didn't use them as a newborn. I started using them at 4 months. I wasn't cding before that. I like them. I use any insert I have on hand. LO had an explosion the other day and it was contained! I don't think a sposie would have contained it.

Exactly this, although I really like the flip inserts! I have a heavy wetter and they have never leaked.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • No matter what kind of insert or fitted or prefold I put in the flip I have never ever had a leak. Can't say the same for my pockets.
    image"Lilypie">imageimage

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Thanks, this was all super helpful! Glad to know they work well as a cover for any type of CD/insert.
  • My husband loves them.
    If the house ain't burned down and the baby's fed it was a successful day. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I adore my Flips, and use them with the stay-dry inserts, padfolded GMD flats, and padfolded flour sack towels. I used them with prefolds when my DS was younger too. They are great!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have a couple pairs; my husband really likes them. They are not my favorites, however. Whether you use an insert or a pre-fold or a tri-folded flat (like we do), if baby poops, it's getting on the cover. This isn't too big of a deal when baby is past the newborn stage, or if you Snappi/pin a diaper on. I'm just not terribly impressed with how they're holding up. Mine get washed in warmish water and are line dried, and the elastic around the legs is looking worn. DS has only been in cloth diapers for three months!

Since you got the Flips for free, I am sure you can make them work, and if you find you like them - great! If not, it will definitely get you by so you can try other options one at a time.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"