TTC After a Loss

Halloween disappointment!

LAST year kids started coming around 3pm.  I remember b/c I was home with a migraine and had JUST fallen asleep when the doorbell rang.  

This year- I am home sick with the flu... and saw some kids walking home from school... but no trick or treaters!   Like I said in another thread... we do live in the "slums" of our burb, but I still expected a FEW trick or treaters.  

TTC since Feb 2012. Me: 39, DH: 37
BFP #1 5/27/12- m/c 7/9/12 @ 10w2d (cytotec induced @11w).
Fibroids, Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism
BFP #2 11/18/12  EDD 7/27/13
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Halloween disappointment!

• Ah well, eat the candy yourself if they don't show later.  That's what I'm doing, I always hand out candy but the last thing I want to see today is cute little toddlers in their furry costumes.  I am a jerk and I don't care.
    TTC since June 2011
    BFP #1 11/18/11 - m/c 12/24/11 blighted ovum - EDD 08/01/12
    BFP #2 08/04/12 - m/c 08/29/12 no answers - EDD 04/17/13
    BFP #3 10/01/12 - m/c 10/30/12 uniparental disomy - EDD 06/04/13
    BFP #4 04/12/13 - EDD 12/22/13  It's a GIRL!
    compound heterozygous MTHFR   -   All AL Welcome

image   image
  • I have had 1 so far, 1! Hopefully it picks up later, I don't need all this candy in the house!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm in New Jersey...today Gov Chris Christie rescheduled Halloween!  He issued an Executive Order that Trick or Treating is taking place on Monday November 5th due to Hurricane Sandy.  My area was fortunate enough to not be hit like some other areas...so it just seems strange for everything to seem like a normal Halloween...but to not be allowed to Trick or Treat! 

It is sooooo weird to be sitting here doing nothing on Halloween.  Thank goodness DS's school still had a party today or I think he would be pissed!

This has been truly devastating to our state..so many people have lost everything...so I understand why the decision was made...it's just weird :)

• We haven't gotten any. It's hit or miss in our area. Some years we have a ton of kids and other years just a few. So we always buy a ton of candy just in case. Looking like this year we might be eating it all ourselves, again... I was hoping after being cooped up for three days with the hurricane, parents would be eager to get their kids out of the house for a few hours!
    Mr. & Mrs. B, Est. 10.23.2009
    m/c: 9/06/12
    LTB: 10/23/13
    Baby B 2.0 EDD: 3/15/16

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We actually just had a group of teenagers and a mom. One of them was wearing a costume of some kind, but she had her coat over it. One wasn't even wearing real pants. When DH asked them what they were supposed to be dressed as, they actually laughed at him and said "how many can we take." Then proceeded to take candy (including the Mom)

Sometimes I really hate this neighborhood. I can't wait to move. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#1 since May 2012 
    BFP#1 6/2/12 EDD 2/17/13 Natural M/C 6/19/12
    BFP#2 10/30/12 EDD 7/12/13 CP 11/2/12 
    BFP#3 11/29/12 EDD 8/10/13 CP 12/2/12 
    BFP#4 12/26/12 EDD 9/7/13 
    1/18/13 HB 140! GROW BABY GROW!

Welcome to the world Little Girl! Born on her due date! September 8, 2013, 7lb 11.8oz, 19.5" long. 

image image

image image

**PgAL/PAL welcome**
  • imageSopranoMama:

We actually just had a group of teenagers and a mom. One of them was wearing a costume of some kind, but she had her coat over it. One wasn't even wearing real pants. When DH asked them what they were supposed to be dressed as, they actually laughed at him and said "how many can we take." Then proceeded to take candy (including the Mom)

ugh that is irritating. I also feel the parents pushing around their baby in a stroller and asking for candy is a little too much since the baby isn't going to eat it!  (It's different if they have another child with the) 

Tonight, we have only gotten a few so far,  but it is actually better than last year bc this year they are dressed up. 

I think a lot of people in my area take their kids to the mall---and go from store to store to get treats.  

TTC#1 12/1/11
    BFP #1 6/14/12 EDD 2/23/13, mm/c at 8w2d, D&C 8/1/12
    PgAL/PAL Welcome
  • imageShanpan4:
    imageSopranoMama:

We actually just had a group of teenagers and a mom. One of them was wearing a costume of some kind, but she had her coat over it. One wasn't even wearing real pants. When DH asked them what they were supposed to be dressed as, they actually laughed at him and said "how many can we take." Then proceeded to take candy (including the Mom)

ugh that is irritating. I also feel the parents pushing around their baby in a stroller and asking for candy is a little too much since the baby isn't going to eat it!  (It's different if they have another child with the) 

Tonight, we have only gotten a few so far,  but it is actually better than last year bc this year they are dressed up. 

I think a lot of people in my area take their kids to the mall---and go from store to store to get treats.  

We didn't have anyone over 10 this year.  Last year- we had quite a few teenagers.  This year- the kids were pretty funny (oh wow Mom, she has Reese's your favorite! and kit kats, my favorite).   

TTC since Feb 2012. Me: 39, DH: 37
    BFP #1 5/27/12- m/c 7/9/12 @ 10w2d (cytotec induced @11w).
    Fibroids, Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism
    BFP #2 11/18/12  EDD 7/27/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagebabystoli:
    (oh wow Mom, she has Reese's your favorite! and kit kats, my favorite).   

I just had one, maybe 7 or so, say "Oh! These are my Dad's favorites!" And then after he took them, ran right over to his Dad and gave them to him and said "Here Dad! I know you like these!" Way too sweet.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#1 since May 2012 
    BFP#1 6/2/12 EDD 2/17/13 Natural M/C 6/19/12
    BFP#2 10/30/12 EDD 7/12/13 CP 11/2/12 
    BFP#3 11/29/12 EDD 8/10/13 CP 12/2/12 
    BFP#4 12/26/12 EDD 9/7/13 
    1/18/13 HB 140! GROW BABY GROW!

Welcome to the world Little Girl! Born on her due date! September 8, 2013, 7lb 11.8oz, 19.5" long. 

image image

image image

**PgAL/PAL welcome**
  • So far we've only had 2 tonight. Last year we had just one, and it was our nephew who was too little at the time to even eat any candy. I always get treats, but I make sure to get something DH and I like, because we usually end up eating the majority of it. This year we have bags of mini Oreos!

July TTCAL Siggy Challenge - Favorite Children's Book
    Donkey-Donkey - Roger Duvoisin  1968  Vintage Childrens Book
    Surprise BFP 5/15/12, EDD 1/29/13, mm/c @ 8wks, discovered at 11wks, D&C 7/11/12
    AF finally arrived on Christmas after 167 days of waiting.
    TTA until January 2014
    Follow Me on Pinterestimageimage
    PGAL/PAL always welcome

• Our Halloween was postponed to Saturday :( but it doesn't matter because we have only had 2 teenagers in the past 3 years here... so I don't even have any candy... lol 

• You know I hate to sound like a crab, but since others have posted it I can too. lol I'm a judgmental beeotch and these are the people I judge on Halloween. 

1. I think parents who take their babies or toddlers tot'ing are kinda greedy looking. 

2. I also have a problem with the parents (that I was behind tonight) letting thier maybe 1yro suck on a sucker (that's dangerous) and concidering he was covered in chocolate and other such sticky I know that wasn't the first.

3. Teenagers tot'ing, get a freaking job and buy your own snickers.  Oh and while your at it take a bath and cut your hair.

4. Teenage girls wearing sexy costumes.  What kind of parents let them wear that.

5. Adult women wearing sexy costumes WHILE tot'ing with their children.  Save that for your halloween party with your friends.

9/13/12 BFP 9/25/12 M/C at 6.5 weeks

***All AL'ers Welcome***

• imagebnug:

I'm in New Jersey...today Gov Chris Christie rescheduled Halloween!  He issued an Executive Order that Trick or Treating is taking place on Monday November 5th due to Hurricane Sandy.  My area was fortunate enough to not be hit like some other areas...so it just seems strange for everything to seem like a normal Halloween...but to not be allowed to Trick or Treat! 

yup - NJ here too.. we actually had a pair of kids stop last night, and I panicked cuz we had no candy!! (I really hope we didn't turn into THAT house...) but they were the only ones that stopped, and they got hershey kisses from easter. Tongue Tied

Love: 08/04/2006
    Marriage: 10/02/2010
      Computer Hope
    Baby Carriage: 
    BFP#1 : 03.2012........MMC + D&C : 05.2012
    BFP#2 : 11.12.2012..........Born 07.17.2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    The Buggy List blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards