Preemies

Recommendations for high calorie foods?

So we had DS's one year check up a few weeks back and he weighed in at 17 lbs 1 oz, 28 3/4" long.  According to my husband (I wasn't able to go) the pedi seemed happy with his weight but said to continue giving the one bottle of high cal formula per day (I BF the rest of the time).  I finally got around to getting out my growth chart for DS and to me it seems as if he dropped off his curve. Was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for good high calorie foods? DS still mostly takes purees with some finger foods.  We've tried avocado before but he doesn't much care for it.  Sometimes I just get so bummed seeing other 1 year olds that are 20-25 pounds with rolls all down their thighs. It doesn't help that it seems like most people see a chunky, round baby as being a healthy.  I know I need to look at his adjusted age, but he'd still barely be on the curve then. Ugh, I feel like the worry never ends :(
image Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Recommendations for high calorie foods?

• Coconut oil is healthy and higher in calories.  You could add a little when you cook the finger foods or even melt a little into his purees.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"