Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

How to send home-made food to daycare?

I make and freeze in the Baby Bullet trays. It came with individual storage cups, too. I guess I could freeze in those and send them in.. Any other ideas?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How to send home-made food to daycare?

• Options
    Do you know anyone that uses the Gerber pureed food that comes in the plastic containers?  You could ask them to save them for you.  That way if they get lost or tossed it's no big deal. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageklutzygrl26:
    We freeze in ice cube trays then individually wrap in saran wrap.  For daycare we put about 3 cubes per meal into separate storage containers (she's there for breakfast, lunch, and she gets a snack of yougurt and a fruit cube).  I just bought cheap containers from babysrus.  They're like glad take and toss or something like that.  It was about 6 containers for about 4 bucks.

Thanks! I'll do this. My Baby Bullet containers are double servings. So at home I put half in a bowl so I don't have to throw the rest out. I'll find some mini containers. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I do this every day.  I had daycare give me some saved glass jars - brought those home and boiled them.  Put LO's food out in the fridge to thaw the night before.  Inthe AM I put the thawed food in the clean jars and send them.

I freeze in ice cube trays, then pop them out - wrap them in 1 or 2 ounce portions in saran wrap.  Put them in freezer bags and label with contents/date
  • Options

I use these:

https://www.amazon.com/Gerber-Graduates-Free-Bunch-A-Bowls-Colors/dp/B000RFC3BM

They are the perfect size for 2-3 cubes of food and microwave safe for reheating. They are also pretty cheap. My daycare is really good about sending them back, but if one got lost here or there I wouldn't be too upset.

• Options
    imagellc730:

I use these:

https://www.amazon.com/Gerber-Graduates-Free-Bunch-A-Bowls-Colors/dp/B000RFC3BM

They are the perfect size for 2-3 cubes of food and microwave safe for reheating. They are also pretty cheap. My daycare is really good about sending them back, but if one got lost here or there I wouldn't be too upset.

I do exactly the same - I've been able to squeeze in 4 cubes (LO eats a bigger lunch than breakfast or dinner).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I use the Baby Bullet jars for her fruit purees (breakfast w/ oatmeal) and I have larger (but still small) tupperware containers for her afternoon veggies.  I leave some of the tupperwares in the fridge so they're ready right away and I put any more than a three day supply in the freezer.  I typically only have to make baby food once a week.
  • Options
    I freeze food in ice cube trays and then each night when prepping lunches, I thaw out the number of cubes that I need in the microwave.  For example, tonight I thawed two cubes of pear and mixed it with oatmeal and a bit of milk for breakfast and for lunch, she got two cubes of sweet potato mixed with one cube of apple.  I just use small storage containers to send it in.
  • Options
    I make all DD's food as well....she doesn't go to daycare but we go out to eat and eat at church often so I need to take it along. I just bought the smallest tupperware containers I could find at Wal-Mart. Also, I bought the Baby Cubes off of Diapers.com. They come in 2 oz sizes and 4 oz sizes and they are great for storing the foods.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"