February 2013 Moms

Hip Pain at night

Anyone having hip pain from lying on their side? I often wake up in the middle of the night with bad hip pain and have to lay propped up on my back to get any comfort. But the weird thing is, the first time I got it, I thought it was a dream because in the morning it was be completely gone, and it's still like that. DH remembers me waking him up because it hurt so bad, so I'm know I'm not crazy. lol 
BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers image From the poster formally known as mghalpert

Re: Hip Pain at night

• Yes, omg, my hips are killing me. I toss and turn all night from one side to the other. My poor husband.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Yes! Omg last night I had horrible hip pains I was tossing all night. Woke up this morning and felt fine.

• Loading the player...
  • Same here! And I thought it was just me. I tossed and turned all last night with hip pain. Sucks! Found this advice on BabyCenter.com and thought I might try it:

My doc explained it like this: Your hips are loosening up to make room for the baby. If you put pressure on them they will start to slip out of joint a bit, which can cause pain. Crossing your ankles while you sleep on your side will put pressure on your hips ESPECIALLY if you also sleep with a pillow between your knees. I was skeptical, but desparate. That night I made sure that my body pillow ran the length of my legs and kept my knees AND ANKLES separated so that my legs stayed parallel. It was tough because I did tend to cross my ankles. However, I am now almost pain free and have had no problems sleeping.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It's still pretty mild with this pregnancy, but with DD it got really bad. So bad, in fact, that I couldn't stand to lie on our mattress anymore because it was too hard. I drug in our two guest mattresses and stacked them on the floor next to our bed and slept on those starting around 30ish weeks. I'm anticipating having to do the same this time around.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• I have hip pain every night! It's exhausting!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Have you tried sleeping with a pillow between your legs?  This was happening to me and I started sleeping with a pillow between my legs and it really helped lessen the amount of pain I was in.

Declan 2.21.2013
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 6.22.2015

BabyFruit Ticker

• I have tried a pillow between the legs.  Wake up with pain every night.  I am so tired of not sleeping.  
  • Yes. Almost nightly/daily. I'm so looking forward to my yoga class tonight!
    TTC 1: Off BCP late October 2011. BFP #1 Jan 2, 2012; EDD September 5, 2012; m/c Jan 12, 2012. BFP #2 June 14, 2012; EDD February 22, 2013.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
    My super all about me birth story:
    Then: Fraternal twins born at 26 weeks in 1983. Me: 640 grams. Brother: 840 grams. Family kept watch in the NICU for 5 months before being allowed to go home. On oxygen for a year and a half after being released.
    Now: Me: PhD student and married. Brother: Lawyer and married.
    Dad's wedding speech: Thank you to all the family who stood watch and prayed for our children's survival. Well now the little scrawny chicken is married. Who would've thought? (Thanks dad for making me laugh and cry at the same time).
    My BFP Chart
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Yep! Hip pain / lower back pain. Pilates helps a bit, but I'll have to be extra careful with the pillow between my legs. Good luck to all the other mamas in pain!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • It's so bad!! I feel like I can't walk for the first hour in the morning!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"