February 2012 Moms

BYO Scary Stories

Remember a few months ago when everyone was telling their own scarry stories, I think we should do it again! (the CP below made me think of it)

So in honour of Halloween, tell us your best (true) scary story!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker pics-25untitled_zps5ec34838Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: BYO Scary Stories

• AGH!! Beat me to it!! Oops.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagejesse1117:

Okay, here's my scary ghost story:

Right next to my Mom's backyard, there is a historical graveyard. In it, there is a grave for a man named Peleg Brown. Here is a picture of his gravestone:

The graveyard gives off a really creepy vibe, so we never went in there, except to freak out our friends.

Near our house there is a really old house. It belonged to Peleg Brown. The family that lives there (or lived there when I was in high school) swears that the house is haunted by his ghost.

The family built an addition onto the house when they had their second child. That is when the haunting started. They opened up one of the walls and all this stuff fell out, like horse hair and papers. Apparently it was not uncommon to use horse hair in plaster back in the 1800's, but the ripped up paper in the cavity was odd. Shortly after opening up the wall, the toilets started flushing randomly and the doors would open and shut of their own accord.

Then it got really wierd. They would wake up and all the furniture in the downstairs - everything, even the rugs - had been pushed into the addition. This happened 8 or 10 times, and then stopped a few years after the addition was completed.

Ack!  This gave me goosebumps ... creepy!! 

Feb'12 March Siggy Challenge - Lucky Charm
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #3 - 05.20.11, EDD - 01.31.12, Logan is here! 02.05.12
    BFP #2 - 03.16.11, M/C 03.24.11
    BFP #1 - 10.17.10, Blighted Ovum dx, M/C 01.09.11
  • Loading the player...
  • MOOAAARRRRR!
  • I'm a little late... but here's mine!

I had one of those "kids can sense ghosts" experiences and I didn't even know it until a couple years ago.

My dad grew up in an old farm house, and my grandparents still owned the home until I was 10 or so. The house had 2 staircases, a basic one towards the back of the house, and an "elegant" one that has a 90 degree angle at the top in the front of the house. Occasionally when my grandma would watch me I would go wandering around the house. (she mostly kept us in the kitchen and back living room, I rarely went to the front living room or upstairs). Every now and then I would try to go upstairs via the front staircase. I would get the point where the staircase curved, about 3 steps from the top, and would just turn around and sit. I remember being "scared" of the stairs, but I would never call for my grandma, go back downstairs, or finish going up the stairs. I would just park my butt and wait until someone came and found me. 

Fast forward to a couple years ago. My dad and I were talking about that house, and how it was haunted. He said many years before his parents owned the house a woman hung herself in one of the bedrooms upstairs. I asked him "by chance, was that bedroom by the front stairs?" and he said "yeah, right when you got to the top of the stairs it was on the left, why?" I told him about what I used to do, and how even years after that I had a small "fear" of curved staircases that I couldn't explain. We both just kind of froze and looked at each other! I still get goosebumps when I think about that!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMrsLindinger0905:

I'm a little late... but here's mine!

I had one of those "kids can sense ghosts" experiences and I didn't even know it until a couple years ago.

My dad grew up in an old farm house, and my grandparents still owned the home until I was 10 or so. The house had 2 staircases, a basic one towards the back of the house, and an "elegant" one that has a 90 degree angle at the top in the front of the house. Occasionally when my grandma would watch me I would go wandering around the house. (she mostly kept us in the kitchen and back living room, I rarely went to the front living room or upstairs). Every now and then I would try to go upstairs via the front staircase. I would get the point where the staircase curved, about 3 steps from the top, and would just turn around and sit. I remember being "scared" of the stairs, but I would never call for my grandma, go back downstairs, or finish going up the stairs. I would just park my butt and wait until someone came and found me. 

Fast forward to a couple years ago. My dad and I were talking about that house, and how it was haunted. He said many years before his parents owned the house a woman hung herself in one of the bedrooms upstairs. I asked him "by chance, was that bedroom by the front stairs?" and he said "yeah, right when you got to the top of the stairs it was on the left, why?" I told him about what I used to do, and how even years after that I had a small "fear" of curved staircases that I couldn't explain. We both just kind of froze and looked at each other! I still get goosebumps when I think about that!!

OMG, MRS LINDINGER. This scared the crap out of me!!!

• booooo im really late here but i will give my story. my parents house is haunted, i have seen things, my brother as well. the creepiest one is when my mom was taking care of my friends lil boy. he was only about 3 maybe at the time. anywho it was just them in the house and the lil boy came running to my mom saying "i shot him i shot him" as hes holding his toy gun. my mom asks him "shot who?" he answers "the cucuy (which is a spanish word for monster)" my mom gives him the puzzled look so he says "i shot him, hes over here, come see him" and he darts off to the hallway on the other side of their home. my mom follows and finds him pointing towards the closet door and he says "hes right there irma i shot him, dont you see him, i shot him!"  my mom says she got the chills and ended up calling my dad so they could go over to his office for the rest of the afternoon!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"