November 2012 Moms
Options

CPW - Birth - who's in and who's out

Just wondering what everyone's plans are...[Poll]
BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: CPW - Birth - who's in and who's out

• Options
    I hit SS because I don't mind people coming in before and after, but during the exam parts and pushing it will be BF and my mom.  My hospital has a 2 person at a time rule anyway, so at any given time before the baby is born I can only have 2 people in the room with me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I also chose SS for the same reasons.  Before/after I don't mind people coming in.  During labor my husband and mom will be in the room with me. 
    Photobucket
    "For this child I prayed; and the LORD has given me my petition which I asked of him:"
    -1 Samuel 1:27 Lilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It will be SO and I during L&D. People are welcome to visit after we have spent time with LO. Or they can wait in the waiting room if they want.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I voted SS, because, well... I don't have a real waiting room. We're at a birth center, and the waiting room is a sofa and a TV. For three rooms. Also, I plan to labor mostly naked and in a tub, and I'd rather not have my dad see me in that outfit. My immediate family is my 6 siblings, the 6 grandparents, and my baby nephew. There's no place to put all those people. I've decided that they're welcome to come visit after I have cleansed myself of "birth goo". I don't actually care who's where, but I figured it's just dumb to squish everyone. They'll get calls when I'm officially in labor. I don't want friends and extended family at the birth center. They can come see me at home. It's like, 8-12 hours. They can wait. 
  • Options

I voted SS. I'm having a repeat c/s and because of that and the fact that it's twins we asked family to not come to the hospital until we call and are ready. We want that time to focus on the babies and give me the chance to rest a bit after surgery. We will have my mom bring DS first and then call everyone else to come.

• Options

I am planning a med-free birth, so there's no way I want a big party in the L&D room, and I really don't want a crowd waiting in the waiting room either, because if it's anything like it was with DS, I will be tired and just want to hold my baby for awhile and maybe take a nap before receiving any visitors.  I don't want a big crowd coming in right away playing pass the baby.  

So family will be notified that we're at the hospital, but will not be invited to come until we feel recovered enough for visitors.  Fortunately both our families had no problems respecting this last time. If I felt they wouldn't, we probably wouldn't notify them at all until we were ready for them to visit.

That said, I maybe should have said SS because I did invite my sister to come to act as a doula for us. But she's the only one and she has a specific role to play.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

With DD I was very strict and even threatened not to tell people when we went in if they refused to stay away. This time, I'm a bit more flexible.

It will just be DH and I in the delivery room but if people want to sit in the waiting room and waste their day they are more than welcome. Last time we called people when she arrived & moms arrived within 10 minutes. That won't happen this time. They will be allowed in once we are both cleaned and moved to my regular room. My first BF'ing experience was interupted very rudely and it was very uncomfortable & disappointing for me, that won't be allowed to happen again. I will have time to adjust and just be for a bit after delivery.

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I voted SS because I want hubby in the room and am hoping that my mom can make it in time from NY, because I want her in the room too. Everyone else can do what they want, but no one is coming to see us until an hour or two after the birth. We're doing the whole "Golden Hour" bonding with the baby. After that, everyone and their mother can come in.....unless I'm SLEEPING!
    imageimage imageimage
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I chose SS because I would like it to be just DH and I (and my 16 year old daughter if she wants.....yes, trying to scar her from EVER wanting sex!) but I am pretty sure that my mom and his mom will be in the room.........it's a topic DH and I are constantly discussing.  Both of our mom's have seen every grandkid be born.  His mom can get hyper pretty easy, and I don't want that.  My mom will keep me calm...she scares me!  But at the same time......I just wanna be alone with DH.  So we're still undecided what we will do.
  • Options
    i hit SS because if SO were here, i'd only have him in the room, but he's not. that said, my sister has been my person/ partner throughout this pregnancy and she's the only one i'd want in there with me.
    Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I feel it's private and I don't want to manage other people's expectations while I'm in a lot of pain. I'm the type of person that gets ticked off when I stub my toe so hard I can't speak, and people hover over me asking if I'm okay...and then requiring assurance that I'm okay. I realize this is character flaw, and my husband knows this about me so he can handle it.  We are both for private time. It's probably best for everyone.

Also, I have concerns that my in-laws will immediately start booking flights and require much phoning during the process..and both DH and I would like some control over who is coming when...and neither of us want to deal with other people's travel plans during the birth. They are very high maintenance.

That said, my mother was present for my brother's son's birth and made the assumption early on that she would be present in a sort of doula role for this one. Despite my preference for pain alone, I'm okay with her being there. I think DH and I could use the support - so she'll be in the delivery room provide the doc is cool with it. My father will likely arrive shortly after the birth. I guess that makes it a semi-private birth....not exactly immediate family, not exactly private.  

• Options
    I want it to be something special between DH and I. We are going to let our parents know when we are set up in the hospital, but they all know we would prefer if they wait at home.
  • Options

My mom is a 17 hour drive from where we live, but DH has some family here.. we will be letting them know when we are in the hospital and they are welcome to come hang out before but during exams, pushing, and for a little while after baby is born, they are to wait in the waiting room.

050 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I chose SS too. It's not that I feel it's a private matter but I hate the idea of anyone waiting out in the waiting room. With our first, we were overseas so it was a moot point. Since I liked how it had gone the first time around, we basically did the same thing with our second. ILs came and picked up DS1 and we called everyone when DS2 was born. Planning to do the same thing this time. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It's just DH and I in LD. After we have the baby we 'll let people know they can visit when we move to a regular room aboit12 hours.
    My family lives 3.54 hours away so they'll prob leave when I start pushing.
  • Options
    I am wanting my husband, mom, sister (if she gets here in time), and best friend in the delivery room with me. After delivery, I really do not care who is in there. Of course, I may change my tune later! HAHAHA.
  • Options
    DH and my mom or sister will also be there. Dependin gon who is watching DD. My sister wants to be there, my mom was there wen DD was born. My sister thinks being there will help her to remember to take her bcp lol bu tshes also really excited for her nephew, hes the first boy!After he arrives it will just be me, DH and lo so we can bond and i can try to bf. My mother is going to bring DD asap so that she can bond with her brother before we let everyone know. We dont want to stop family from coming but we dont want an influx of ppl while DD is meeting her little brother. We know the importance of allowing them to bond before everyone starts fussing over lo. We also want to make sure everyone understands the importance of acknowledging DD and how she is a big girl and a big sister. DH and i are going to fuss over DD while baby is being entertained by family.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers       AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"