Two Under 2

Travel/Visiting Family with 2 young ones - sleeping ?s

My family lives several states away and we see them a couple times a year (4 maybe).  My mom up until this point had borrowed a PNP from a friend but now she needs to get one of her own because her friend needs it back.  I am sending her some suggestions on PNPs when I started thinking about what we are going to do when #2 is here and we visit which will be probably in the spring.  

What would be your recommendation for sleeping?  Have her get 2 PNPs?  I am thinking she could do 1 PNP and 1 RNP but then she owns a RNP which has a very limited life.  By the time we visit again later next year, #2 will be out of the RNP and will need another option.  Maybe by then my toddler will be ready for a big girl bed but my mom lives in a townhome and there are lots of stairs and it's certainly not toddler/baby safe.  I think we'd want to keep her confined for sleeping until she is at least 3, if not longer.  

Something portable is more practical because she doesn't really want to have a dedicated fullsize crib in her house for the rest of the year when we aren't visiting.   

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!!!  

image   image
We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3

Re: Travel/Visiting Family with 2 young ones - sleeping ?s

• When DS  was born and needed the PNP, my DD started sleeping in a pea pod whenever we traveled.  She was about 15 months the first time.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'd probably hold off on having her buy anything until you are ready to visit.  You may want your daughter confined until 3 but she may start escaping before then.  DD started climbing out of the PNP at 19 months, then soon after the crib.  If you're nervous about the stairs then take a baby gate or shut the door to the room she is sleeping in.

• Loading the player...
  • I've seen the Peapod and that might work great for us.  

I also think that the second poster made a good point about getting out of the PNP or crib.  I'll have my mom get 1 PNP because we are definitely going to need 1 for sure and then wait and see next year.  I envision my DD being a climber because of her tendencies already so we'll see!   

image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • Do you fly or drive when you go to visit?  If you are driving you could take a RNP with you.  How do you feel about co-sleeping?  With my kids we usually ended up with 1 in bed with us while traveling.  This summer for our vacation we took the RNP for the younger one.  Older DD was already in a twin bed at home (just about 2yrs old) so I didn't think she'd be too comfy in a pack-n-play.  We brought a twin sized aerobed with us and just put her on the floor.  She wasn't confined but you could always get a baby gate for the room.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have a couple of toddler cots we use when we travel. You could get one of those and a PnP for your little one.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMom2Mack1:
    I'd probably hold off on having her buy anything until you are ready to visit.  You may want your daughter confined until 3 but she may start escaping before then.  DD started climbing out of the PNP at 19 months, then soon after the crib.  If you're nervous about the stairs then take a baby gate or shut the door to the room she is sleeping in.

This was us with DD1 - She started crib diving at 18 months old, so we had no choice but take her out of her crib.

My mom has a spare mattress she lays on the floor for DD1 when we visit, and DD2 sleeps in a bassinet my mom got from a friend. My mom got a baby gate since the bedrooms are all upstairs. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"