May 2013 Moms

How often are you peeing?

I have a history of symptomless UTIs and the last 2 days I swear I'm peeing hourly and multiple times overnight.  It increased already earlier but this is different.  This is like when I was at the end with DS and had a 8 pound baby on my bladder.  I know urine frequency is a sign of pregnancy (duh) but also of a UTI.  I don't have any other symptoms of one though so I'm hesitant to ask for a test.  The over the counter ones always say high for white blood cells but not high for nitrites.  Apparently I suck at trying to do a clean catch. 

Last time I had a UTI it was a full on kidney infection and I was puking and had a fever.  I thought it was just a virus until I realized how horrible my back was feeling.  That was right before I found out I was pregnant so I'm paranoid now that something is lingering.  But I don't want to be the paranoid pregnant lady either.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: How often are you peeing?

• Bless your heart!! You are having a time it seems like! Right now im not peeing any more than usual during the day but night time is killing me! I pee every hour! Hope you feel better soon!
  • A good sign of a UTI is that as soon as you pee you still have the urge to go, it is a constant urge.

If it is just being pregnant the urge will go away when you empty your bladder and then come back.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm not going as much anymore.  I do have more nightly trips to the bathroom, but that's also slowing down.  Anytime I feel like I MAY BE getting a UTI I immediately start chugging cranberry juice...just in case. 
    image BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm having to pee every hour, if not more.  I have an incompetent bladder though, and already couldn't hold much anyway, but before it was having to go because my bladder was leaking, now it's the urge to go.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  •  i have to go about every other hour...sometimes every 3 hours. I try not drink much before bed so i don't have to constantly go at night...doesn't always work

imageimage" mce_src="image "> 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I go at least every two hours. When my friend was in the hospital, she asked the doctor if this was normal. She said of course it was...but also gave her some advice. When you are sitting on the toilet, lean towards the ground a little. This allows more pressure on your bladder to squeeze out extra fluid. It definitely helps me :) I've also notice I'm getting up more to use the bathroom at night...BOO!

Hope this helps :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"