September 2011 Moms
Options

I think i broke the baby

We've been without power since Monday night, so we're at my parents house until we get it back. Happy Halloween. I hope you are all doing well.

Q woke up Monday with a rash along the waistband area of his diaper. I put some diaper rash cream on it and he was generally happy all day. Monday night, he went to bed before the power went out so when it blew we decided to stay the night at home. he woke up very upset. He was itching the rash, which had now spread to both sides of his lower back. It didn't quite look like hives but it looked very uncomfortable. I washed it and treated it again with diaper rash cream because we had no cortizone cream.

Then he got sick. he puked every few hours from midnight to five in the morning.

The next day the rash was still there and he was tired but overall happy. He seemed warm but temperature was normal. He got a bath with oatmeal and when we went to my parents we put cortizone on his rash.  He had an appetite but not nearly what it normally is. I held off on calling the doctor because with the power outages in the area, i didn't know if i could even reach her.

He pooped right after we put him to bed, which is not the norm for him, and the slept almost 13 hours through the night. This morning he woke up with a giant poop in his diaper and alot of irritation from it. The rash was worse, his little peep is all red I guess from the poop and the poop was not his normal smell or constancy (sorry for the details). He also seems to maybe be getting pink eye. His eye is a little red around the bottom lid and a little more crusty then it usually is when he wakes up.

I called the doctor but didn't get to talk to her directly so the only information conveyed to her was the rash. She had us get triple paste cream and new cortizone cream and give him a baking soda bath. After the bath the rash does little a little less red.

I am concerned that the poops, the appetite loss and the vomiting are all related to the rash. Alone I would just think he had a little, non serious bug, but with the rash I'm worried it's something more. Is that possible? or is it more likely that his immune system is down and so other stuff is popping up? Q has been exceptionally healthy aside from his little kidney issue so I'm a bit at a loss with all these things coming up at once. Add that to not even being in our own house and I'm going a little crazy.

If you have any advice for me, it would be appreciated, and if you made it through this monster post, four full sized candy bars for you!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I think i broke the baby

• Options
    I'd say the pooping, conjuctivitis, low appetite and rash are all caused by a virus. Maybe roseola?
  • Options

No real advice, just wishes that he gets back to normal soon.

Also, my eyes kind of skimmed ahead while I was reading and I thought you said you gave him 4 full sized candy bars. I was like, well maybe that's whats wrong?! lol. I think I need more coffee.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imagealli&dan:
    I'd say the pooping, conjuctivitis, low appetite and rash are all caused by a virus. Maybe roseola?

i agree with this!

Also it is so glad to hear from you. Glad y'all are safe. Hoping y'all get power back at your house soon. Of course y'all have to be dealing with poor LO and the storm at the same time :( 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
                                  Madison & Rylee
                             All of me loves all of you!
  • Options
    I'm sorry that your without power and Q is feeling sick :( I would call the doctor again and make sure she knows about everything that's going on, that way she can accurately diagnose the situation. I hope he feels better fast!
  • Options
    It could just be a virus, but all those things combined would have me calling the pedi for an appt. If you think there is any way to reach your dr and be seen, I would try.
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm glad you are safe, albeit powerless. I'd probably call the dr back and update with the new symptoms. That seems like a lot of coincidences.
  • Options
    Where are my candy??? :P Hope Q gets better!!!

• Options
    I would also guess roseola or some other virus.  And I definitely think that sometimes they catch a little bug or something and it gets their immune system down and then they pick up other things.  L used to go to day care and even still the only times she has gotten sick are right after she gets shots.  I'm not suggesting its from the shots, I really think they just get her immune system a little bogged down and she therefore picks something else up.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Baby BROTHER is on the way! ~ EDD 6/12/2015
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Sometimes when they have upset stomachs, and their pooping is off, they eat differently, and the different poops can cause rashes. But to be on the safe side, I would update the Dr. Especially with the eye problems not being GI related at all. Hope you get your power back, and he starts feeling better!

HP super sirius

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Bummer the lil guy isn't feeling well.  It sounds like you are taking all of this stress in strides.  I'd be out of my mind and then no power on top of it.

No advice but hope Q is feeling better soon & you get power sooner than later.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"