February 2013 Moms

Oh Sandy

To everyone out on the East Coast, especially those in NJ like myself, my thoughts and prayers are with all of you. I am lucky that all I lost was power so we just had to come stay with my in laws. My heart breaks for all of you Feb mama's (and everyone else too) that has to deal with the loss of anything, even if it is just "things". Some people lost everything and this is something that will stick in my mind forever and hope to never have to endure again.

Re: Oh Sandy

• I know, I live in Northern Delaware and am feeling very lucky today. We didn't lose power and really had no damage, all of our relatives in the Philadelphia area are fine and at most, lost power for a few hours. I also kept thinking about pregnant women who went into labor during the storm...
    Married 2/15/09, BFP #1 02/03/12 - EDD 10/13/12, Missed M/C 03/15/12@9w5d (measuring 8w3d) They weren't kidding when they said "Beware the Ides of March" Image and video hosting by TinyPic BFP#2 06/13/12 - Emily Samantha born on Feb 9, 2013!
  • Me too. I don't know if you saw or heard of any coverage that NYU- Langone had to be evacuated and they had to take 18 I think preemies down 8 flights of stairs while giving them NRP and CRP. It's times like these when I can say I am proud to be a healthcare provider.
  • Loading the player...
  • DH and I just bought a house in CT and moved in on Friday.  We had just enough time to get all of our belongings inside before the storm hit us on Monday.  Unfortunately we have been without power since Monday afternoon and it will be a few days before there are any estimates about when we will get it back so it looks like a while.  Our new home took quite a beating and a lot of damage, but luckily DH and I are okay which is what is really important.  When I get frustrated about not having power or water I try to remember how lucky we are as so many people lost much more than us.  T&P for everyone else impacted by the storm!
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic      image
    View Full Size Image

• she was not kind to us either.  We lost power and had to go to my IL's to get the kiddos somewhere with heat, in the mean time the lower level of our house flooded.  I am so glad that everyone is okay, it is just frustrating now waiting in line for the recovery people and insurance people to come out.  We can't really go home because our lower level is our family room and kitchen and it's a wet mess.  My thoughts are with everyone who had to go through this storm, it was not plesent.  Just one more thing to distract me from getting ready for this baby 
  • The devastation is just horrible. I live in NYC, but my parents live in NJ and had some significant damage and are without power, but are thankfully safe. Most of my friends live in areas near the jersey shore that were severely affected and the pictures break my heart. I have power, but my office in lower Manhattan does not so I just sit here and watch the news so sad. I pray for everyone affected by this storm.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"