3rd Trimester

Latent/prodromal Labor?

Anyone had/having it? How long has it been for you or how long did it last before birth? What was it like?

I've been in it (according to my dr) since Thursday. Contractions are every 2-30 minutes. When they are spaced in the 10-30 minute they aren't too bad & do not bother me much. It's when they start getting closer that I'm struggling. 3 or 4 times a day/night they get to be 2-3 minutes apart lasting a minute & using a lot of concentration to get through. Just when I'm ready to call in my mom for our toddler & call my husband home from work they stretch out again. It's driving me nuts!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Latent/prodromal Labor?

• I haven't experienced this, but a friend of mine did.  Her inconsistent contractions lasted about a week, even though her midwife kept saying "you'll have that baby tomorrow!"

It took until her water broke for her contractions to finally start being regular and full strength.  She is just a slow laborer it seems, as she didn't really go into labor with her first kiddo until her water broke either and they supplimented with pitocin.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I had it with all 3 of my previous pregnancies, it stretched out for 2-3 weeks.  It drives you crazy!  The funny thing is, I'm not having it with this one, and I feel like I'm never going to go into labor, like I'm worried that things aren't working the way they should!

Haha, my username should read "3Girlsand1BoyMama"...with #5 on the way!  (and then we're done.)

Me, 33, DH, 32  DDs 9, 7, 4 and DS 2.  EDD #5 4-29-15

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I didn't have this last time, but my sister just went through it with her 2nd baby.  She had prodromal labor for about 2-3 weeks off and on.  I'm sure it's incredibly frustrating.  If it makes you feel any better, once active labor really set in for her she went really quickly.  I'm sure it had something to do with all that prodromal labor slowly preparing her body.
    imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • You people and your talk of "weeks"! I was checked the day before this all started & I was at 2cm. I'm just hoping to be a bit further tomorrow. If I'm having all of these contractions I want them doing something, somewhere. It will be disheartening if they aren't.
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My OB told me his wife had it from 28w to 36w when she had their second. He was telling me this because I was concerned about having contractions earlier than with DS. He said it's quite normal and as long as they are regular then not to worry. I'm not sure telling me his wife has contractions for 8 weeks helped me any. If anything it makes me feel like these inconsistent contractions are a waste. You are a few weeks ahead of me though, so I think you might get lucky. At least I am thinking lucky vibes for you. :)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • My best friend had this after a bout of food poisening.  It lasted for about three weeks.  On the up side, once her contractions were consistant her daughter was born 5 hours later. 
  • imagerrcraz7:
    You people and your talk of "weeks"! I was checked the day before this all started & I was at 2cm. I'm just hoping to be a bit further tomorrow. If I'm having all of these contractions I want them doing something, somewhere. It will be disheartening if they aren't.

I know that it's frustrating, but try to think of it that they ARE doing something.  They're preparing your body for labor.  You could also have slow cervical change.  If nothing else they're toning your uterus for active labor.  So they are doing something, just maybe not quite as much as you want them to be doing :)  

Hang in there mama!  It'll happen soon!

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"