Trouble TTC

Natural ways to boost uterine lining?

Hi everyone! Still fairly new to this board, so hopefully this is the right place for this question. DH and I have been TTC since last August, with a MC at 6 weeks in May. Got first RE consultation last month and now just finished first round of Clomid (100mg), to do with TI. Had CD13 US today and have a follicle on left at 17mm, so that's encouraging, but my uterine lining is only around 3. I probably won't ovulate for another few days, so wondering if there's anything natural I can be doing (e.g., eating certain foods, etc.) in the interim to boost that lining. I know Clomid can thin it, so maybe I will need a different med if there's a next round, but any suggestions? Also, I'm completely new to all this RE/Clomid stuff, so if this is a stupid question (i.e., there's nothing to be done about the lining except hope and pray :), please be kind and forgive my ignorance. Thanks in advance for any insights or suggestions! 

Re: Natural ways to boost uterine lining?

• Clomid also thinned my lining out a lot. I was prescribed Estrace, a form of Estradiol, to insert vaginally 2x a day and I noticed a substantial thickening of my lining (from 5mm to over 8mm in a couple days). You should call and request this. Otherwise your lining is way too thin to support implantation and you could be wasting a cycle. 

I don't think there is anything natural you can do to thicken it up, the only thing I know of that's proven to work is Estradiol.

GL to you! 

ETA: Also, next cycle you might want to ask about injects, if you're willing to go that route, or Femara instead of the Clomid. I don't think Femara thins the uterine lining, but I've never been on it, so I'm not 100% - someone else will know for sure though.

Oct 13 April Siggy: Bunnies
    The 33 Most Important Bunny GIFs On The Internet

DS born on 9/30/13 from IVF #1.2!
      Lilypie - (xNS5)
  • imageasilwhite:

ETA: Also, next cycle you might want to ask about injects, if you're willing to go that route, or Femara instead of the Clomid. I don't think Femara thins the uterine lining, but I've never been on it, so I'm not 100% - someone else will know for sure though.

This is correct.

Baby Boy born sleeping at 20 weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • Like PP mentioned, Femara might be something you want to think about.  My lining didn't thin on Femara like it did on Clomid.  When I was on Clomid I also did Estrodial. Good luck!

**SIGGY WARNING**

TTC since Nov 2010 | Me: 29, DH: 31 
    DX - Severe DOR, Stage II Endo
    6 rounds medicated TI, 3 failed IUIs, 2 failed IVFs
    After nearly 4 years of trying, our 1st BFP on IVF #3 (5R, 3M, 3F, 3 day 5 blasts frozen) 
    FET - Beta #1 - 116, Beta #2 - 266!! 1st U/S on 10/6 - HB 121 and measuring perfectly! EDD 5/30/15

Everyone Welcome
    Baseball, Beagles, Beer and Babies Blog

imageimageimage

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have had issues with uterine lining as well. I would recommend switching to Femara next cycle. If you still have issues with your lining your RE can have you take estrogen. I have been using Vivelle Dot patches.

TTC#1 since 5/2011
    DX: Hypothyroidism, PCOS, Myasthenia Gravis, Aplastic Anemia, one copy MTHFR DH SA: count 52% motility (slow progressive), 0% normal morph
    June-July 2012: Clomid cycles=BFNs
    August 2012: New RE, started Metformin, Letrozole 7.5mg+TI=BFN Sept. 2012: IUI#1: Letrozole 7.5mg=BFN
    Oct. 2012: IUI#2 Letrozole 7.5mg+Dexamethasone=BFN
    Nov '12-March '13 on a break
    April 2013: IUI#3 Letrozole 7.5mg+Dexamethasone=BFN
    June 2013: IVF#1  Follistim/Menopur/Ganirelix =BFN, 3 Frosties
    August 2013: FET#1=BFP 8/20/13,  EDD 4/30/13, MMC 10/1/13
    December 2013: IVF#2 Follistim/Menopur/Ganirelix=?
     ~PAIF/SAIF Welcome~

imageimageimage

• I have heard pomegranate juice can help, but it hasn't done much for me yet... I'm still diligently drinking it every day just in case, it can't hurt!
    TTC since June, 2011 with anovulatory PCOS, 1 blocked tube, and mild MFI
    3rd cycles clomid + Ovidrel = BFN
    4th cycles letrozole/Ovidrel + IUI = BFN
    IVF #1 = BFP! Twins due 2/5/2014
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I've heard acupuncture can help.
    35yo, DH 40, 5 yrs TTTC. Normal HSG and SA. Challenge is low ovarian reserve (AMH=.16) due to moderate endo. Two laps, 2 IUIs with injectables, no baby. Trying first IVF cycle 4/13. Actively seeking egg donor.
  • Thanks all for the tips, everyone! I'll start drowning myself in pomegranate juice and continue my acupuncture, which I've been doing along with the RE stuff. Then we'll see how this round goes and if it doesn't take, I'll definitely be talking to RE about estradiol and/or femara. Really appreciate the insights and support!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"