November 2012 Moms
Options

Latent Prodromal Labor?

Anyone had/having it? How long has it been for you or how long did it last before birth? What was it like?

I've been in it (according to my dr) since Thursday. Contractions are every 2-30 minutes. When they are spaced in the 10-30 minute they aren't too bad & do not bother me much. It's when they start getting closer that I'm struggling. 3 or 4 times a day/night they get to be 2-3 minutes apart lasting a minute & using a lot of concentration to get through. Just when I'm ready to call in my mom for our toddler & call my husband home from work they stretch out again. It's driving me nuts!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Latent Prodromal Labor?

• Options

I'm sorry, girl.  Definitely no fun.  I had it with my last pregnancy.  Mine was a little more consistent with contractions every 10-15 minutes for a few hours  and not bad at all.  When I would try to augment labor (walking or whatever), they would speed up to 5-7 minutes and become much more painful.  My doctor told me to stop trying to augment labor and to rest as much as possible.  I found that getting on all fours in the bathtub helps to take the pressure off.  If I could be still long enough or stay in the tub long enough, the contractions would fizzle out (until the next night).  I've heard a glass of wine helps, but you can't be boozing while you're taking care of a toddler!

Good luck!  It's definitely no fun at all, and especially  not while chasing a kiddo!

• Options
    Mine comes and goes, too.  At first I was kind of excited because, you know, "OMG, contractions, this is exciting!!"  But as they have failed to turn into anything truly exciting, I'm over it.

"A new baby is like the beginning of all things--wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"