Stay at Home Moms
Options

Moms with 2+ who have older kids...

at what age did your kids really start bickering?

My kids are almost 3 and 2 and they still play nicely together. They have their occasional spats over a toy but those moments are few and far between. My son is still crazy about his sister--he asks for her constantly when they're separated. I'm wondering how much longer I have left in sibling bliss. LOL

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Moms with 2+ who have older kids...

• Options
    my kids are 2 and 4;  he wasnt even a year when I heard "he's touching me" :-)  They love each other fiercely but can fight just as fiercely.  DD is a bit bossy and when DS doesnt do what she wants it can be ugly.  DS is learning to fight back now and sometimes he even teases her to get her going.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Mine are 4 1/2 ad 2 1/2 and they started a few months ago.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagehocus:
    My kids (almost 3 and 1) fight all the time. I don't think it is an age thing. I think it is a personality thing.

I agree with this.  Parker is five and Rowan is three.  They play nicely together 99% of the time.  But, I know others who have children around the same age that have trouble together.  Maybe you'll be one of the lucky ones! 

• Options
    It's definitely a personality thing. My oldest doesn't fight a lot. My second and third are awful and bicker all the time. I can't remember when it started. It's all a blur right now.
    image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • Options
    My 5 yr old and 1 yr old can be best friends one minute and fighting the next. They've been this way since my one year old started walking and stealing toys. I'm sure that when my youngest starts moving around that he'll be the same way.
  • Options
    Mine have been arguing for so long that I can't remember when it started.  They're 5 and 3.5.
    Ms. A  - 2007, Mr. C - 2009
  • Options
    I agree with others that it is more of a personality thing. Mine are 5 and 4 and don't fight much at all. Occasionally they will argue because one doesn't want to play what the other one does but most of the time they play really well together.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagehocus:
    My kids (almost 3 and 1) fight all the time. I don't think it is an age thing. I think it is a personality thing.

Mine too.  There is no toy in our home as coveted as the one your brother has. 

• Options
    imagealli2672:

imagehocus:

Mine too.  There is no toy in our home as coveted as the one your brother has. 

Mine as well. They never want it until the other has it. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    My kids are almost 3 and almost 11 months they fight all the time.
  • Options

imagehocus:
    I don't think it is an age thing. I think it is a personality thing.

This. My DS and DD (almost 5 and almost 3) still get along really well 98% of the time.  

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageSawyerplus1:

imagehocus:
    I don't think it is an age thing. I think it is a personality thing.

This. My DS and DD (almost 5 and almost 3) still get along really well 98% of the time.  

Awesome! I'm glad to know this isn't just a phase and might actually stick.

• Options
    It started around the time DD 1 turned 3.5. Now at 4.5 and nearly 3, they can beat the crap out of each other if I dont' intervene sometimes. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blogging about boobs, babies, bed lust & everything in between since 2007.
  • Options
    I swear it happened like last week :-/
    Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • Options

Mine didn't really start fighting until the youngest got to elementary school so around when they were 6 and 8.  They fought occasionally before that but once they were both in school they seemed to fight constantly.  Some days it seems like it's all day.  The older one (9) is now getting an attitude and the younger one always had one.  

My youngest occasionally beats on his sisters but most days he loves being around them.   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"