August 2012 Moms
Options

Increasing feeding time

My LO is still eating every two hours, she is bottle fed expressed BM. How or can I get her to take more less often. I have tried to give her more in each bottle but she still want to eat every two hours no matter if I give her 3oz or 4oz? So right now she gets 8 bottles of 3oz each.
Thanks for any help
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Increasing feeding time

• Options
    I personally wouldn't try to change her feeding schedule on purpose. If you have already tried giving her more and she still only eats every two hours then that's what her little body needs at this point. It will adjust when she's ready.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageLoveLo2010:
    I personally wouldn't try to change her feeding schedule on purpose. If you have already tried giving her more and she still only eats every two hours then that's what her little body needs at this point. It will adjust when she's ready.

This.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would continue to increase the amount of bm in each bottle, she will start to eat more and then will eventually space out her feedings.

Baby #2
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

At 8 bottles every 2hrs that is only a 16hr day. Where are you other 8 hours?

Mine eat 8 bottles every 2.5-3hrs but that is between the hours of 6am-10pm & then they sleep from 10-6 so I do not want to adjust their feedins till I have to start waking them in the day to get a feeding in.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageLoveLo2010:

Yes

• Options
    Since BM isn't as thick as formula they burn through it faster.  My LO eats every 2 hours as well.  Sometimes he'll go 3 hours, but mostly every 2, except overnight where he sleeps in longer stretches. 

Mom of 2 monkeys and 1 on the way!
           Christian12/06, Liam 08/12, Monkey #3 10/10 

• Options

imagelatnprincess:
    Since BM isn't as thick as formula they burn through it faster.  My LO eats every 2 hours as well.  Sometimes he'll go 3 hours, but mostly every 2, except overnight where he sleeps in longer stretches. 

Yep, we're every 2 hours on the dot too, except during the night. OP, you could try increasing the amount you give her, but she'll probably still eat every 2 hours. If you increase it and the amount she throws up increases, you're giving her too much. Maybe try to go up half an ounce and if she spits up more than usual, then it's obvious she needs to go back down to 3. 

A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

• Options
    imagelatnprincess:
    Since BM isn't as thick as formula they burn through it faster.nbsp; My LO eats every 2 hours as well.nbsp; Sometimes he'll go 3 hours, but mostly every 2, except overnight where he sleeps in longer stretches.nbsp;

Yep. Sometimes Paula will not tell me she's hungry until it has been 2.5, MAYBE 3 hours, but unless she's sleeping she almost always gets hungry after 2 hours. Of course family thinks something is wrong with her since she wants to eat so frequently, but then again they think something is wrong with me for still BF after "so long." haha.
    Our Squishy - 8/21/12
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    blog! thescenery.net
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"