2nd Trimester

One Hot Mess

I am sure that some of you other Mommy-to-be's are experiencing this! 

I have been a complete hot mess lately.

My emotions are at an all time high, and I know that I am being completely irrational the majority of the time, but I can't help how I feel with all these pregnancy hormones. 

The other night I started crying to DH, because I didn't feel like I was getting enough attention. BTW, any attention is not enough lately. Let me just point out the fact that I am not a needy wife, and I am usually a lot more independent. I mopped around all night, because we didn't have enough time together like I wanted. 

Mind you, he works full time and is finishing his masters. I am so proud of him and push him to achieve all he wants, but I feel extremely selfish lately, and want all of his undivided attention. I don't want him to even hang out with his friends, and just to stay home and hold me and love me. lol 

Last night, I started crying hysterically at a facebook post about a father who gave his son his heart, and I couldn't understand why I was so sad about this! Then, I realized  I was being irrational, and started busting out in laughter while I was STILL crying.

My emotions are all over the place. I feel horrible, because he does so much to make me happy with an extremely busy schedule, and all I feel is sorry for myself and I want to cry. I really have nothing to cry about, but everything seems to make me cry now.

Anyone else experience this? How did you make it better and work it out?

I need my sanity back! haha.  

Me: 30 | DH:34
Married: 08/04/12
DD: 6 years | Born: 03/28/13
DS: 1 Year I Born 10/15/17

Re: One Hot Mess

• I am the exact same way! My husband swears Im crazy...I know its my hormones, because Ive never been like this before, but sheesh! I cant control them! And I have zero patience. Which is NOT a good thing when you have a six year old! So ready for March 12 already!
    Baby Slings at Nurtured Family BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yup this is totally me.  My emotions are all over the place and I'm the same way I want all the attention and I've even gone so far as telling him that he doesn't want to be with me anymore and he doesn't love me.  I know that it's all me, and still I do it.

I think the way that we worked things out was I told him that I couldn't help me hormones and that when I start to get like that I just need him to hold me tight and tell me that my hormones are starting to get the best of me.  So far its worked.  Plus it makes him realize that I know i am way off and it helps that he holds me until I am feeling better.

BabyFetus Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • My husband actually CALLED me a hot mess the other day -- I was crying for absolutely no reason, WHILE we were snuggling on our bed, and then he gently started teasing me, which made me do a laugh/ cry combo. HE said "you're a hot mess!" and I said "Yeah, but I don't feel very hot!" and started to cry even harder. NOT NORMAL for me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"