July 2012 Moms

No trick or treaters

It's nearly 5pm and we haven't had one. Admittedly I have no decorations up outside so that might be why, but still I haven't even heard anyone on our street. Maybe the heat is keeping people inside, it was something around 85 out there today.

Oh well if noone comes I guess there's just more chocolate for DH and I. Such a shame ;]

Re: No trick or treaters

• Oh, no! That candy isn't going to eat itself. Better get on it!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh man, I hope nobody comes to our place, I haven't got any treats for them.. Our street is very steep so maybe that will keep them away :)

A couple of years ago I decorated our house complete with spooky music and /i carved an awesome jack-o-lantern, but just not into it this year.

Have you dressed up your lo?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I dressed him up this morning, took a few [well many] photos then around 11 stripped him off [the outfit was predominately black and it was getting hot] and he's spent the rest of the day just in a diaper.
  • I don;t think we're going to get any at our house either. We live on a semi-busy road with no sidewalks and all the houses have large properties with really long driveways. I won't even walk my dogs on our street so I can't imagine anyone letting their kids go trick or treating on it!
  • imageJessie11LU:
    85? That sounds awesome!

85 is not so awesome when you realise we aren't in summer yet, and you don't like the heat. One time in the last two years [cant remember which] DH and I were coming home from work at 630 pm and it was still 108 outside.
  • imagechipmunk112511:

imagenikki2223583:
    5pm! Where are you. It is 7 am here in Chicago. 

LOL I think Vive is our Aussie Bumpie, so she's on the other side of the planet!

Lol yup that's me... We are only a couple of hours east of the date line so I'm about three quarters of the day ahead.

Unrelated but, stupid mobile bumping... I can't believe I have to write three quarters out in full because I know the forward slash won't show up.
  • I live in an apartment complex and got one little spiderman at my door last year lol we are recovering from Hurricane Sandy right now so not expecting any this year. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageVive:
    It's nearly 5pm and we haven't had one. Admittedly I have no decorations up outside so that might be why, but still I haven't even heard anyone on our street. Maybe the heat is keeping people inside, it was something around 85 out there today. Oh well if noone comes I guess there's just more chocolate for DH and I. Such a shame ;]

I hate years when trick or treating is slow, I really look forward to them! Ours normally start to show up around 5pm or 6pm, so I hope that they picked up a little bit for you!

• Our trick or treat was postponed until Saturday, because of the 2 feet of snow.  That's obviously not the problem in the OP though Big Smile
  • We haven't had any yet, but I'm hoping there will be some. We just moved into a new house and the neighborhood seems to have a lot of kids. I can't wait to show off DS :) 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We don't get trick er treaters until 6:00.
    GlitterPhoto GlitterPhoto
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Together since 5/08 ~ Married 6/19/10 ~ TTC #1 since 8/10
    BFP#1 3/26/11 ~ EDD 12/2/11 ~ Ectopic Twins left tube 7w3d
    BFP#2 11/2/11 ~ EDD 7/14/12 ~ Robert Edgar born 7/18/12
    BFP#3 9/28/13 ~ EDD 5/20/14 ~ Benjamin Clarence born 5/15/14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"