Cloth Diapering

How much Tide HE in front loader

I just bought some Tide original HE to try in place of RNG because I've been having Ammonia stink issues. How much of the powder do you use in a typical diaper cycle in a front loader washer? Also, do you think I'll have to change my wash routine at all...currently cold prewash, hot wash, cold rinse, extra rinse?

Thanks!!

Re: How much Tide HE in front loader

• Up to first line
    image"Lilypie">imageimage

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • One teaspoon and up to line 1 are waaay different!!! I need someone else to respond to give a majority :
  • Loading the player...
  • I go up to the 1st line, sometimes the 2nd with my FL. I wouldn't expect 1 tsp to properly clean my regular laundry, let alone laundry that has had poop on it.

Regarding your wash routine, try switching to a warm or hot prewash. 

Sorry it's not clicky, but here is a blog post about diaper laundering I've found helpful. It is from the people at Abby's Lane:

https://www.cloththatcounts.com/?p=997

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I use up to the first line.  I use a warm prewash rather than cold. 
  • Just below the first line

I do a cold rinse, hot/cold wash with extra rinse

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Charlie - 12/11/2011 * Surprise! #2 - EDD 2/17/2015

BabyFruit Ticker
  • For the first year I used up to the first line. Now that DD is a little older and a little stinkier, I use between line 1-2. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks for the replies! I used up to the 1 this time and there were so many suds even with two soaking towels and adding some extra water! I had to do multiple extra rinses to get all the bubbles to go away. Might try a little less next time and see how they come out.
  • I used up to the 1 the first time, but found the diapers *reaked* of perfume. I'm trying 2 tbsp. Honestly though, I'm really sad Nellie's hasn't worked with our water and/or our washer.

ETA: my wash routine is also cold rinse, hot wash with an extra rinse.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"