1st Trimester

3D Ultrasound tomorrow

I'm really excited about my 3D ultrasound tomorrow, however I was alittle surprised my doctor wanted to do one so early on. I thought they only did 3D ultrasounds later in pregnancy. Anyone else having one done this early?

Re: 3D Ultrasound tomorrow

• That is so cool!  I didn't know the docs would do them in the 1st trimester either?  Good Luck!

Lyndsey 29 - DH 33 - DD 4.5 - Due 5/31/13

Lyndsey 29 - DH 33 - DD 4.5 BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • My OB doesn't do 3D ultrasounds at all, so I don't think any point in pregnancy is normal for 3D, you just happen to have an OB who does them.
  • Loading the player...
  • Wow - t his does seem early!  Usually they are done around 28 weeks to get the best "view" lol.  Thats pretty cool though
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageSilentSaria:
    I'm really excited about my 3D ultrasound tomorrow, however I was alittle surprised my doctor wanted to do one so early on. I thought they only did 3D ultrasounds later in pregnancy. Anyone else having one done this early?

I'm not having one, but I'm jealous!  My first ultrasound won't be until like 12 weeks or something and it's just a regular one.  (I did recently find out that there's a place in my area that does the 3D ones for like $75 - whee!)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker FuzziBunz at Nurtured Family
  • Ya I'm really excited about what I'll see, although I am a bit concerned on the cost though, but at least I'll know and be able to decline them in the future if they are to much.

Its going to be alittle weird because two doctors are going to do it, my normal OB doctor and then another one in which I've had before with a miscarriage (I"m guessing because my OB doctor is new there that maybe she's still learning the equipment) I actually don't like the other doctor, he was really rude to me during my miscarriage so really not happy having him for this but hopefully with my doctor being there I'll feel more comfortable.

Also does anyone know how this is performed? Any experiences? I'm so nervous, and normally I wouldn't care but my mom is going to be there so I kinda hope its not vaginal because that to me would be really weird with her there. So I'm praying to God that its not a vaginal one.   

• about the vaginal ultrasound- its really not that bad- it was uncomfortable for the first few seconds, but then once they start moving the wand around its fine. They give you a robe and a sheet to put over your legs so your covered. I was told by the sonographer that they normally do it up to 14 weeks.. depending on the position of the baby. my babys farther back so they used it for my 8 week ultrasound, and im sure theyll use it for my 12 week too. your on the cusp of that.. so idk. Just drink ALOT of water to ensure your baby is more in the front of your uterus. 
    Siggy Challenge- Valentines Day FAIL Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"