Pregnant after IF
Options

needing some happy thoughts..

....hi ladies - I'm not pregnant yet, and we just found out my husband has trouble with his Semen Motility, Count and Morphology. It sounds like a probably next step for us will be IUI - so I was hoping for some feedback of successful IUI stories to give me some much needed inspiration this evening! TIA!
Not preventing since Oct. 2011.
Me: All things check out so far DH: MFI (VERY low sperm count, low motility, low morph)
12/24/12 IUI #1 100mg Clomid = BFN
On IUI #2 100mg Clomid = BFP!!!!!!!!! Beta #1: 31, Beta #2: 100, Beta #3: 210, Beta #4: 570, Saw Heartbeat on 2/26/13!

Re: needing some happy thoughts..

• Options
    Good luck with the IUI! I have no experience with that but we also dealt with MFI. We had no choice but to do IVF. Hopefully the IUI works for you!

• Options

I didn't have any success with IUI; we tried one IUI and moved on to IVF.  You may want to also check out the TTTC and IF boards.  TTTC is for ladies who are going through testing.  IF is more for ladies who are going through an IF process (IUI or IVF).  I found all the boards so helpful as I was going through each phase. 

IUI has been very successful for many people -- it just didn't work for me.  The doctors never really determined the actual reason for us.  Good luck!

together since 2006
    full time stepmom to SS1 and SS2 since 2010
    married since 2011

TTC since 7/2011 (no planned bc since 2008)
    HSG 11/2011: one blocked tube
    S/A 2/2012 and retest S/A 3/2012: normal
    Bloodwork: normal
    2nd HSG 5/2012: clear
    Femara cycle 5mg #1 7/14/12 + IUI #1 7/23/12 = bfn
    New RE appt 8/14/12
    IVF #1 meds 8/30/12. ER 9/14/2012: 7 retrieved, 6 fertilized. ET 9/19/12: 1 perfect embryo 5dt.
    Beta #1 BFP! 97
    Beta #2 234
    Beta #3 4937
    ultrasound #1 heart beat 127
    10/20/12 graduated!!!
    EDD 6/7/12
    Team PINK!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Our issue was also MFI. Our RE said IUI wasn't really an option. We went straight to IVF with ICSI. We had success after two rounds. I would ask your RE if IUI is really the best option, especially if your partner has low motility or morph. GL!
    dx: MFI 0% morph & low count. Occasional Anovulatory cycles.

TTC #1
    • IVF #1 4/21/12 - c/p
    • IVF#2 8/1/12 - BFP! DD arrived 4/10/2013.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    • FET #1 3/18/14 - BFP! DS arrived 11/19/2014.

• Options
    imagelily_721:

I didn't have any success with IUI; we tried one IUI and moved on to IVF.  You may want to also check out the TTTC and IF boards.  TTTC is for ladies who are going through testing.  IF is more for ladies who are going through an IF process (IUI or IVF).  I found all the boards so helpful as I was going through each phase. 

IUI has been very successful for many people -- it just didn't work for me.  The doctors never really determined the actual reason for us.  Good luck!

TTTC board is actually full of ladies doing IUIs and they have a weekly check in there as well.  I was on that board throughout all 5 of my IUI cycles and found amazing support there and hopefully you can too.  No experience with MFI so I can't help you there, but best of luck! 

DX: Anovulation
    TX: IUI #1-4 = BFN + 1 c/p
    IUI #5: Clomid 100mg + Bravelle + Trigger + B2B IUIs + 800mg Progesterone = BFP!
    Beta #1 (14dpiui): 460 Beta #2 (16dpiui): 998 Beta #3 (23dpiui): 21,832 Beta #4 (29dpiui): 129,771

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Hello, we had MFI and all areas are low and esp. Morphology (0%-2%).  We did 3 round of IUIs and unfortunately, it didn't work for us, but I have seen enough girl's success IUI stories, so don't give up the hope. 

TTTC is really exhausting and mentally draining, but trust me, you will establish an amazing relationship with your DH after going through all the challenges.  Good luck to you!!!!    

Mar-Apr-May/12: All 3 IUI (w/ Femara) - BFN

May/12 IVF journey in the works...
    IVF #1 w/ ICSI #1 (Gonal, Menopur & Ganirelix)
    5/29-6/18: BCP, 6/21-6/27: Stim, 6/30: ER
    7/5: ET 2 5-days blastocysts are transferred, none made to freeze :(
    7/17: Beta #1 - 616!!, 7/23: Beta #2 - 6818
    8/2: u/s #1 - a healthy seahorse found & one empty sac, 8/16: u/s #2 - one peanut! HB @ 180
    10/30: It's a girl!!! EDD: 3/23/13

IVF & Miracle baby blog!
    My Cherry Blossom baby

• Options
    I want to wish you VERY good luck in your trek through the IUI process. You mentioned wanting success stories for hope, and fortunately I can tell you mine. My DH has the same as yours, and added to that is the fact that I have PCOS as well. I went through a few months of Femara to get the right dosage and was lucky enough to have a good reaction to it which produced proper follies by the second month. Month 3, we did an IUI, and although I know the statistics are against getting a BFP from the first one, we certainly did! It's not a bad process at all and I promise it is well worth it! I'm just finishing week 16 and my little miracle is healthy as far as we know so far. Got to hear the HB again yesterday and it was booming at 150BPM. Good luck hun, and keep the hopes and dreams alive! You'll get there.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I'm mostly just a lurker on this board but wanted to share my success story with you. I have PCOS and my husband has morphology issues. We tried femara and clomid and once we finally found the right dose we did an IUI and got pregnant on the first try. Don't give up hope. You might want to ask your dr about ProXeed which is suppose to help with motility, count and morphology. It's kinda expensive, but we got pregnant a month after DH started taking it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"