TTC after 35

what are the chances?

hello community.

my partner and i are trying to conceive. no luck. BUT this last cycle- she had very early symtoms unlike ever before but then she got a period for <36 hours(unusual) then it stopped (suddenly)- she has been having less symptoms but we have been testing ovulation this cycle and there has been no day 10 surge (usual for her)! we are afraid to test again because we have gotten 2 negative results. (forgive me, i don't know the abbreviations).

my question is- can that happen? can someone get a period and still be pregnant? 

thanks for any information or advice in advance-

good luck to all of you in your journey too.

:) 

Re: what are the chances?

• Welcome!  Was bleeding heavy or light?  It could have been implantation bleeding....but if it lasted for 36 hours I doubt it.  I have found that as I get older my cycles are less predictable.  CD 10 is on the early side for ovulation...might still happen.  Best way to understand her cycle is to temp and chart.  Very good information and tutorials on www.fertilityfriend.com.    Good luck!
    TTC since 10/09 Me-43 DH-44 RE and testing 10/10-11/10, Recommending IVF 1/11 New RE AMA and DOR-DH low motility IVF #1.1 cancelled 3/11 due to poor response IVF #1.2 May 2011, one perfect 8-cell embryo, 3dt-BFN, IVF #2.1 Converted to IUI d/t poor response. New RE 9/2011. IVF 2.2 completed using HGH,EPP,DHEA, Q-10 and accupuncture. Transferred one 8-cell, grade one embryo on 10/19. BFP 10/31/11 Chemical pregancy on 11/2/11. Started stims for IVF #3, our final try, on 12-2-11. ET on 12/18. Transferred 3 Grade A embryos-BFFN Planning DE IVF, late March/early April- Donors ER expected to be 4/2-4/4. PAIF/SAIF welcome
  • hey there-

thank you for the reply. it was on the heavy side when it started. day 10 is on the early side- we know. but that's her usual cycle without clomid. we were hoping that we got lucky or something. she needed to take a break form clomid and the lab.  thanks again.

good luck to you. 

• Loading the player...
  • I bled like crazy for about 36 hours around dpo12. I figured that meant I was 'out' for the month. Turned out I was in fact pregnant. It did end in a loss though unfortunately at 6 weeks. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic] Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • thank you all for sharing your experiences and words of wisdom. we are discussing taking another test and will update the thread.

• I don't know the answers to your questions but one thing stuck out to me. You said her usual is to start on CD10. If that's the case I urge you well her to get her progesterone checked. Shedding her lining that early can impede implantation.
    Me:39 Dx LPD, Fibroid, AMA and all that goes with that. H:37 Dx low motility and low morphology. TTC since 3/12. Clomid 8/12 and 9/12: BFN. 11/12 on a break for Myomectomy sched. 11/26. Resume TTC early 2013.
  • hi community- 

again thank you for sharing. we took another test and it was negative. however, she still feels pregnant (i advised that we do a blood test). this is such a hard process and my heart goes out to us all.

best. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"