Cloth Diapering
Options

Opinion on a brand

I'm doing some research for CD-ing before I even think of LO #2. (But it's there. ;] ) I've been looking at the Thirsties brand. What are your opinions on it.

FYI, I know a smidge about CD-ing, I'm just a little, overwhelmed? by all the brands. I've also tried gdiapers with DD, and she grew out really fast.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Opinion on a brand

• Options

I really like my thirsties covers for my prefolds. 

Most people on this board recommend trying a few different brands before committing to one particular brand.  I tried 6-7 brands.  I am very happy with my Swaddlebees, BumGenius, Blueberry, Kawaii Pure and Naturals and AMP.

If I had only tried my Happy Heiny's or TotsBots first, I would probably have given up CD.  They didn't fit my skinnyminnie girl.  Both seem to be a little better now that she is getting bigger, but are definitely not my favorites.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hated my Thirsties AIO! Leaked every time.
    BFP #1: 3.28.11 Dx w/ PIH @ 24w DS Born @ 36w: 11.7.11 6 Days in NICU
    BFP #2: 8.31.16 Dx w/ GD @ 28w DD Born @ 36w: 4.21.17

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know you asked about Thirsties but I use Best Bottoms and love them.  Never had a leak or blow out.
  • Options

we used thirsties duos with prefolds during the newborn stage (aplix ones)

after newborn stage i like pockets better and I don't like that thirsties are sized

• Options
    Love their covers and their aios. I actually got rid of most everything except those and my swaddlebees, and honestly reach for my thirsties aios first. Plus they have AMAZING customer service. 
  • Options

So far I've LOVED:

Fuzzibunz Elite- perfect in every way

Thirsties AIO-(first diaper to fit my skinny thing) Thought now at 5 months we're outgrowing them in absorbency and they're becoming just a liked diaper rather than loved.

Kawaii P&N 

So far I've LIKED:

Happy Heinys

BumGenius Free Time

Grovia AIO

Thirsties Fab Fitted 

Blueberry Mini

Blueberry OS cover

Alvas 

So far I've Disliked:

Prefolds in general

Bumgenius pockets 

Charlie Bananas

• Options

I liked Thirsties covers for the newborn/infant stage.  Thirsties fitteds were just ok, not very absorbent at all.  I wouldn't use them past newborn stage.  I hated the pockets and AIOs - they leaked constantly on DD.

• Options

imageLynnette171:
    Love their covers and their aios. I actually got rid of most everything except those and my swaddlebees, and honestly reach for my thirsties aios first. Plus they have AMAZING customer service

Ditto bolded parts. Covers are awesome and AIOs are our nighttime diaper. CS in incredible and they are made in the USA!

• Options
    I have only used their covers but I like them over my GMD prefolds. Kawaii and Rumparooz are my fav pocket diapers.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"