The pills.... — The Bump
Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

The pills....

I went to OB today. We did another u/s and sac is measuring about 6.5 weeks when I should be almost 9weeks according to chart. Anyway only seeing sac still NO baby. Betas are slowly rising. My OB is stuck b/c she  doesn't know if this will be viable. I wanted a baby but now I'm stuck. Stuck because I feel I'm living a nightmare. I'm tired if not knowing. If I take those pills am I terminating a possible life or am I starting my process of healing an ttc again? Ladies I font know what to do. I talked to my BF today and he's confused too. If my levels were decreasing I would feel comfortable taking them

Re: The pills....

  • Sorry for what you are going through. Your Dr. Should take all precautionary measures to ensure the pregnancy isn't viable BEFORE prescribing you the pill. This is a question best suited for a medical professional and not us.

    GL to you and I hope you find answers soon.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image
  • I would insist on another u/s in a few days before taking the pills.  Even by 6.5 weeks, a fetal pole should be visible, but I would want at least another check, since it's hard to know exactly when you ovulated and when implantation might have taken place.  So sorry you are dealing with this.
    TTC since 2/2009
    11/2010 - Surprise BFP - m/c @ 16 weeks - dx Lupus Anticoagulant
    1/2012 - Clomid & IUI #4= BFP twins! On Lovenox - m/c @ 16 weeks

    9/2012 - Clomid & IUI #5= BFP! EDD 6/6/13

    I may have to wait....I'll never give up.
    I guess it's half timing and the other half's luck. - Buble
  • Loading the player...
  • image RovinChick:
    I would insist on another u/s in a few days before taking the pills.  Even by 6.5 weeks, a fetal pole should be visible, but I would want at least another check, since it's hard to know exactly when you ovulated and when implantation might have taken place.  So sorry you are dealing with this.

    I agree with this.   

    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am so sorry for what you are going through right now.  

    If I was in your shoes I would wait for another u/s first just to be sure. 

     

    IF, 5 losses, 1 son, 1 on the way.
    fall in love with someone Pictures Images and Photos  photo turtlejpg
       

    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Like pp it's a question for a medical professional. But if I were going through that I would have another u/s and probably test my levels again. I would not want to risk ending a viable pregnancy.
    BFP #1 9/26/12 MC 10/6/12
    BFP #2 1/8/13 Baby Boy Born 10/2/13
    BFP #3 12/13/16 CP
    BFP #4 1/12/17 MC 1/27/17
    BFP #5 3/11/17 EDD 11/2/17

  • image kdr1120:
    I went to OB today. We did another u/s and sac is measuring about 6.5 weeks when I should be almost 9weeks according to chart. Anyway only seeing sac still NO baby.

    I'd definitely call your doctors office and ask to be seen- he/she needs to sit down and have a conversation with you.  If the sac is measuring at 6.5 weeks and it was viable- not only would there would be a fetal pole at this point, but a heartbeat.  As for your beta levels rising-  there are reasons for that happening and your OB needs to explain those possibilities to you.  GL- my T&Ps are with you.

    February Challenge: Favorite Love Story- Tristan & Isolde
    [IMG]http://i46.tinypic.com/2aakqs1.jpg[/IMG]

    BFP 9.17.12, EDD 5.31.2013, nl US w/ HB @ 6w3d, no heartbeat on u/s 7w3d, d&c 10.17.12
    [IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/t71t93.jpg[/IMG]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards