Cloth Diapering

What is this rash? PIP

This rash started about a week ago.  I went to sposies over the weekend and it went away.  Went back to cloth yesterday and the rash is back already.  Sorry the picture quality is bad (my phone is crap).  It's pinkish/red and raised.  It's only on his bum cheeks (nothing in his crack).  Any ideas what it could be?  My diapers are fairly new, we bought them new and have only been using them for about 2 months.  I tried washing them in hot water (4 times) without soap to strip them but it still didn't help.  TIA

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: What is this rash? PIP

• Does it have any satellite lesions like on his scrotum? If so, it could be yeast but it's really hard to tell from the photo. If its yeast you'll have to use bleach and I've had good luck with combining Lotrimin and MotherLove diaper rash and thrush every other change. 

If it isn't on the crack, it's probably not acid but if it is, then Maalox swabbed on the booty works really well.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Looks like yeast to me, but yeast rashes wouldn't go away just by switching to sposies. Have him checked at the pedi first to confirm what it is. What kind of detergent are you using? Could be a sensitivity to your detergent, you may need to try a different detergent if stripping didn't help.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"