High-Risk Pregnancy

XP from Preg after Loss: Very Low Fluid @ 20 weeks

Hi all,

Someone recommended posting this here.  Thanks in advance for reading.

I haven't been back to these boards in a long time, but I remember them being such a huge support system that I find myself back, looking for a little bit of help. 

Background: When we first started TTC, I had an early miscarriage @ 6wks.  It took 8 months of charting and we were blessed with a healthy pregnancy and a healthy DS.  Fast forward 2 years later, TTC #2 and we got pregnant the second month trying.  This pregnancy ended in a natural miscarriage @ 9wks.  2 months later, got another BFP.  I am currently 21 weeks pregnant today.

However, last week, at my 20 week A/S, I was told that I have very little, to no amniotic fluid and the baby is measuring 2 weeks behind (~18wks).  The fluid is so low (1.5cm, low is 5-10cm), they were not able to see much on the baby but did determine that it had a very healthy heartbeat of 160.  We were not given a very good outlook for longterm survival.  I go back on Thursday for another u/s to see if anything has changed.

I know that there are many stories of women in their 3rd trimester having this issue, but has anyone experienced something like this in the 2nd trimester?

Thanks for your time and for any info you may have.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
#1: 2/2009 m/c @ 6wks
#2: 3/2010 DS born
#3: 2/2012 m/c @ 9wks
#4: 11/2012 sillborn @ 21wks dx: hypercoil cord
#5: 6/2013 m/c @ 12wks
#6: 1/4/2014 m/c @ 7wks
#7: Here we go again! Please stick baby!

Re: XP from Preg after Loss: Very Low Fluid @ 20 weeks

• I don't have experience or advice, but wanted to say that I'm sorry you are going through this. Try to hang in there. Hopefully, someone will have info to share.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm very sorry to hear about your situation and hope and pray for the best. I am experiencing low fluid in the 3rd trimester and i'm being induced next week as I have the low fluid and high bp. My AFI was at 4.91 as of last appt. I'm so close to term that instead of doing anything besides bed rest and keeping lots of fluids in they are waiting till i'm term. In your case i've heard of women who get some type of fluid infusion or get an IV to try and increase fluid levels. Maybe discuss that with your doctor? I don't have the personal experience with it but have read the stories of other moms dealing with the same. Good luck!!
  • Loading the player...
  • I am very sorry to hear about your situation. I am in almost the same situation, last week i was told my level was below average for being 17wks. I am currently 18 wks and the baby is measuring right on track. All my Dr told me was we will monitor you and drink lots of water:(

I have read a lot on the internet and most say bed rest and plenty of water. I also hear that there can be treatment of an IV to increase your levels. I would ask your Dr if you are a candidate for that...it can't hurt.

Thoughts and prayers are with you. Good Luck:)

• My MIL experienced this with her 4th child. She had low amniotic fluid from ~18w until she gave birth at 33w. The doctors repeatedly told her that her baby would probably not survive or would have severe long-term issues. My MIL was hospitalized several times throughout her pregnancy to be given IV fluids and was also on bed rest. Besides being born prematurely, my SIL never had any issues and is now 14 years old. I wish you the best, sweetie.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I just wanted to let you know I am praying that all turns out to be okay for you!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Prayers for you and your baby. Keep us updated.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"